Flight Simulator Show 2019

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
UKJim
Senior Airman

Re: Flight Simulator Show 2019

Post by UKJim »

Great chatting to you guys yesterday at the show. It was a pleasure to meet the guys that have provided me with so much enjoyment over the years.

I think the highlight for me was using the Fulcrum yoke, it's a superb piece of kit.

If you have Twitter, feel free to follow me etc. It would be good to keep in touch. Ask Lewis (my PA) for my username or grab it from my signature.

Thanks for a fab time, have safe journeys home. Next time Jake, bring the Comanche for me 😂

Take care guys,
Jim

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

So what’s the announcement?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

n421nj wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 12:53 So what’s the announcement?
The main reveal seems to be that A2A are developing for X-Plane (news which seems to have recently leaked anyway, based on another forum thread/Facebook post I spotted). The FSElite magazine available at the show, which has an exclusive A2A interview, also mentions a possible DCS venture one day in the future. I haven't read the article in full but those are the key points I picked up. While chatting to some of the guys today, it was stated that they are developing Accu-Sim to be platform agnostic. It will talk to various host simulators, existing in its own bubble for running the aircraft and physics. This is fantastic news for speeding up cross-platform development in future :D

It was great to meet so many of the A2A guys today; your enthusiasm and commitment comes across as clearly as ever. Hope everyone has a safe trip home.

Martyn

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Well that is some pretty big news.....so no plans for aircraft in x plane just a stand alone accusim engine like accufeel. Okay I’ll take it. I bet the guys at sim coders won’t be too happy.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

No no, sorry for any confusion. Aircraft are on the way! The first plane in the line up is the Spitfire, building on the work done for on the Boultbee Flight Academy simulator. I seem to recall the Cub getting a mention too... sorry for being a bit sketchy. The news made me giddy :mrgreen:

I dare say that we will eventually see a good few aircraft released multi-platform. At least that is the intention. Hopefully it all pans out for the best!

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Great show and fantastic to hang out with all the a2a team round our set up. I sort of wish we weren't exhibiting so we could enjoy going round the show a bit more with everyone.
Incredible feedback and kind words from so many people. Having lived the development of the yoke for so long and then to be told it is the best yoke at the show makes it all worthwhile.
Here's to many more meet ups!
Shame you couldn't join us Dudley, we would love to have met you.
Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Tutmeister wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 17:18 Great show and fantastic to hang out with all the a2a team round our set up. I sort of wish we weren't exhibiting so we could enjoy going round the show a bit more with everyone.
Incredible feedback and kind words from so many people. Having lived the development of the yoke for so long and then to be told it is the best yoke at the show makes it all worthwhile.
Chris
Real glad all of you had a good time. The future looks bright for flight simulation and A2A will be in it up to our ears I'm sure.
Dudley

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Whaaaat ??? The whole A2A bunch over here in Europe and nobody told me ??? I would have jumped onto the next plane to Birmingham (or so) for a nice chat and more... :roll: :D
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

Chris, as you know, I loved the yoke. It has the features I like that normally niggles me with all the others.

I am a software test manager for a living, so if you ever need a beta tester feel free to contact me 😉

You should be proud and I really hope I can afford one when released - I'd love to review the yoke and give it 5 stars on my stream.

Real pleasure to meet you too, hopefully we can do the same next year.

Cheers,
Jim

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Tutmeister wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 17:18 Great show and fantastic to hang out with all the a2a team round our set up. I sort of wish we weren't exhibiting so we could enjoy going round the show a bit more with everyone.
Chris
Hey Chris, I too would have liked to know in advance about the exhibition and particularly your yoke! Can wen have a link here?
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

We are on Facebook and Twitter and also fulcrumsim.com.
There will be more stuff going up there soon including news pages with updates. You can also find our Facebook and Twitter links on there. Price is £429 including 20% vat if you are in Europe. Release will be before Christmas.
Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

hmmm. before or after No-Deal-Brexit?(no joke intended!).
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

lonewulf47 wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 10:12 Whaaaat ??? The whole A2A bunch over here in Europe and nobody told me ??? I would have jumped onto the next plane to Birmingham (or so) for a nice chat and more... :roll: :D
Hey Oskar,

It would have been great to meet you too. Dammit when's the next one of these things? Next time I'm bringing the ingredients for whisky macs which sadly they didn't seem to have to hand in Wolverhampton. To be fair, they had plenty of other drink to wash down all the piri-piri chicken though! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 18:17 Next time I'm bringing the ingredients for whisky macs which sadly they didn't seem to have to hand in Wolverhampton. To be fair, they had plenty of other drink to wash down all the piri-piri chicken though! :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Nick
Sounds reasonable ! I'm definitely looking forward to this... :D
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

I've already got mine on pre-order 😜

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”