Preparing the Aerostar [video]

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Preparing the Aerostar [video]

Post by Scott - A2A »

Over the past 18 months with all of the government work and internal flight sim engine development, I've been living a quiet life flying by myself in airplanes, in the hangar, or in the studio. So many times I see interesting scenes from the air, experience something new, etc. and there is literally nobody there to share the experience with.

Lewis has been hounding me for years with "Scott, just take videos and share them" and I think he's by now given up on the "old man" who will never change his ways. So the other day I finally got fed up with the Aerostar sitting trapped in our hangar and came up with a solution to get that 12+ft tall tail out of the hangar. I got it in by putting sand bags on the tail, lowering it, and moving the tail under. This was bull work.

It was a two day project to make the new door opening / closing mechanism and then it was time to finally get back in this beautiful cockpit and start the engine, taxi it around, and just get things moving that have been static for too long. So I just used my iPhone to video the process along the way and make a simple string of off-the-cuff, unedited videos.

So here is the first of this style of video:

https://youtu.be/xEaQ8h9eAJ0
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: Preparing the Aerostar [video]

Post by Hook »

Enjoyed the video! Thanks for posting Scott.

Hook

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Ahh. Thanks for making this video! This is exactly what I've wished to see (apart from development of AccuSim-releases). What an interesting airplane! I look forward to the day we all can sit in the cockpit and spend an hour or more just getting familiar with switches, levers, procedures, systems. And then to the long houl of learning to fly it well!

Hope you succeed in getting the second engine up and running soon! Take us with you, even if it's just a gasket replacement or something. It's all interesting! :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

:cry: Did you pull the video down Scott? No link to video. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Al FR-153 wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 12:02 Did you pull the video down Scott? No link to video.
Some browsers will block embedded YouTube videos Al, depending on how they handle Adobe Flash content. Anyway, I've just edited Scott's post to add a plain text link to the vid.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Thanks Nick,

The link you put in worked. Enjoyed single engine operation but could only envision an old A&E having a cardiac arrest seeing her going down the active with only one engine....slight miss in the port engine sir. :D Can barely wait until WE can fly that bird too. Thanks for the video Scott.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Finally. I’d love to see some vids of the inside development like the old days
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Dan M
Airman

Post by Dan M »

Nice update Scott. A little "creative engineering" on that hangar door. Must be hard to stay patient and wait until she's ready to fly again.
Dan M

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

THANK YOU for posting Scott! Also, thank you, Nick, for the direct link! Was that really cool or what? It's not Accu-sim, but it sure is Accu-somethin' - very good to see that the designers of our favorite sim aircraft are real aviators. Maybe you can get a certain three letter agency to pay for a new engine if you do a few covert flights.

Keep at it, Scott, both in the real world, and in our sim world.

Seeya
ATB

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Maybe you can strap a big radial to the port wing...

Psycho75
Airman

Post by Psycho75 »

Love this,cool stuff. Thank you for sharing.

Thomas. :D
ImageImageImageImage

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Scott

many thanks for sending us the footage; the real McCoy. Much appreciated. What a brilliant and inspiring start to my day.

Felt like I was really there in the Aerostar; yup, Accu-Feel 'n all. The sound quality was ace.

Can't wait to fly this bird; Gloucester-Liverpool- etc etc etc etc ….etc.

Now off to repair fencing, trim honeysuckle, and so on. Later on, I'll have to escape, come back and watch Flying Doodles: Aerostar ……..yet again!

Rod (EGBB; blue sky, cirrus)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

rod321 wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 01:37Felt like I was really there in the Aerostar; yup, Accu-Feel 'n all.
Thanks Rod as this is my goal with this approach. I will be able to make many videos now not being stuck in the studio producing.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Scott - A2A wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 06:38
rod321 wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 01:37Felt like I was really there in the Aerostar; yup, Accu-Feel 'n all.
Thanks Rod as this is my goal with this approach. I will be able to make many videos now not being stuck in the studio producing.

Scott
Not stuck in the studio? Perhaps because things are close to release?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

MM
Airman

Post by MM »

Lovely video, Scott. Just a joy to see you at work/play.

That is just such a charismatic aircraft. Hope that it is not too long before we see the Twin Aerostar...in reality as well as in electronic digital form. 8)

Best Wishes,
M

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”