Making videos of flights to show others

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
BigT-65
Senior Airman

Making videos of flights to show others

Post by BigT-65 »

I need to make a video of something that happens when flying acrobatics to either post on this forum or on youtube. What program do people use to do this?
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 H.O.T.A.S.

Buffy Foster

Re: Making videos of flights to show others

Post by Buffy Foster »

If you have an NVidia GPU, and install that GeForce Experience, it comes with a real nice capture overlay that will get your sound and all and not mess up your fps.

I used the free Lightworks to edit mine. It's free for personal use and limted to 720p. You can put music (make sure its legal to use) in, too. It's pretty nice.
(https://www.lwks.com/)

Then you can make a YouTube channel and post it. :)
Mine is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCemwx7 ... dtme0C0QvQ

I only have a few though.

BigT-65
Senior Airman

Post by BigT-65 »

Thanks for the reply. I have tried playing around with the NVIDIA Experience thing and couldn't quite figure it out. I could not find any instructions and also I use 3 monitors in wide screen mode. I don't think it works with that. I can go to 1 screen to make a video though. Do you know where I can find some simplified directions?
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 H.O.T.A.S.

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Welcome to the club !

As Buffy said, the best capture tool is Nvidia GE Experience aka Shadowplay. Easy to use and no penalty on framerate. I edit my doodles with the old Microsoft Movie Maker. Both freeware.

My channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYYUY ... 2SncH0oy_Q

EDIT oops I posted just when you did ! I use one monitor only.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Best way to find a solution to your triple display set up is to go to the Nvidia user forum.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

I use „RecordReplay“ for recording. Then MAGIX for editing and conversion into different formats.

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I’m looking forward to the videos. Please bump this when you upload them
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”