P3D V4 Flak effects

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

P3D V4 Flak effects

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

I know there was one for fsx a while back but does anyone know of some ww2 flak effects that would work in p3d v4 for how one could go about getting something for fsx to work?
AKA "Memey"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3D V4 Flak effects

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The virtual Eighth guys who fly the B-17 missions online are the creators of most of that stuff. Best to ask those guys about that stuff, they had an entire flak system for Europe.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Several members of the 91st Bombardment Group now fly P3DV4 and they experience the FLAK just as those
of us that still fly FSX. So installing it in either sim (as well as SE) should work as is.

Note that I have not updated any version(s) that are available in several years but that should cause no issues.

We at the 91st also have an add-on for the FLAK package that was created by one of our members that has the
possibility to inflict 'damage' to theA2A B-17G but that is not available to the 'general public'.

Gypsy Baron - 91ST BG Mission Development Officer

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

So sorry Paul, for the life of me I couldn't remember the groups name! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Thanks guys! I wasn't sure if it was working I flew over Cherbourg and Normandy and nothing I will try it in some other areas
AKA "Memey"

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Insure that you have added the folder containing the FLAK scenery files to your scenery cfg file.
Also insure that you have copied the effects files into your sim 'effects' folder.

I don't recall what the max and min altitudes of that released version were but you should have FLAK between
10K and 20K for sure.

Paul

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Gypsy Baron wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 13:54 Insure that you have added the folder containing the FLAK scenery files to your scenery cfg file.
Also insure that you have copied the effects files into your sim 'effects' folder.

I don't recall what the max and min altitudes of that released version were but you should have FLAK between
10K and 20K for sure.

Paul
Ok thanks I think in version 2 you made it "from the deck" but I'll try some higher altitudes as well
AKA "Memey"

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

You are correct. I did mod it to go from the deck to some where around 30K or so.

For my testing I would fly just inland a mile or two from the coast of France going north. Always ran into
FLAK on those flights. Of course Berlin, Bremen and a number of other large cities are covered as well.

I'll be home from Europe in a few days and can fire up my P3DV4 version and have a look at the situation.

Paul

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Gypsy Baron wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 11:57 You are correct. I did mod it to go from the deck to some where around 30K or so.

For my testing I would fly just inland a mile or two from the coast of France going north. Always ran into
FLAK on those flights. Of course Berlin, Bremen and a number of other large cities are covered as well.

I'll be home from Europe in a few days and can fire up my P3DV4 version and have a look at the situation.

Paul
Ok thanks I will give it a go
AKA "Memey"

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

HE11DUDE04 wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 10:49
Gypsy Baron wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 11:57 You are correct. I did mod it to go from the deck to some where around 30K or so.

Paul
Ok thanks I will give it a go EDIT: I flew over Berlin and it worked! Image I think I can feel that turbulence effect you made, very cool!
AKA "Memey"

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

HE11DUDE04 wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 11:28
HE11DUDE04 wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 10:49

Paul
Ok thanks I will give it a go EDIT: I flew over Berlin and it worked! Thanks for your help and this flak is really cool! Image
AKA "Memey"

AlGrant
Airman Basic

Post by AlGrant »

Only just found this thread and the Flak - but having a problem getting the flak to show in P3D V4.5.

Any help very much appreciated.

Downloaded 'Flak Package2' and copied the relevant files to: Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 'Sound' 'Effects' and 'Addon Scenery' directories.
Checked the directories to verify the files are present.
Checked in the Scenery Library and I can see 'FLAK' listed in the correct location.

I then loaded up Prepar3d and flew over the area around Antwerp and along the coast to Calais - no flak.
Tried at various altitudes 5k - 10K. Then few over to Berlin and still no flak :(

Does anybody have any ideas what I've done wrong or what I can try to get this working?

Also, a quick question .... Does the Flak show up at night with a 'flash' or is it a ball of smoke - my attempts so far have all been daytime flights.

Really hoping to get this workiing
Many thanks.

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

AlGrant wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 11:27 Only just found this thread and the Flak - but having a problem getting the flak to show in P3D V4.5.

Any help very much appreciated.

Downloaded 'Flak Package2' and copied the relevant files to: Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 'Sound' 'Effects' and 'Addon Scenery' directories.
Checked the directories to verify the files are present.
Checked in the Scenery Library and I can see 'FLAK' listed in the correct location.

I then loaded up Prepar3d and flew over the area around Antwerp and along the coast to Calais - no flak.
Tried at various altitudes 5k - 10K. Then few over to Berlin and still no flak :(

Does anybody have any ideas what I've done wrong or what I can try to get this working?

Also, a quick question .... Does the Flak show up at night with a 'flash' or is it a ball of smoke - my attempts so far have all been daytime flights.

Really hoping to get this workiing
Many thanks.
It should be working for you if you've done everything you said you did so I'm very confused by this. About the flash I think there is one which is quite small and quick right before the black puff
AKA "Memey"

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Half the FLAK bursts will have a 'flash'. I limited the numbers of that effect to prevent
an overload of the display.

Several of the 91st pilots are now flying P2DV5 as well as V4.5 and the FLAK works fine for them.

-=GB=-

AlGrant
Airman Basic

Post by AlGrant »

Thanks for the replies
HE11DUDE04 wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 15:32 It should be working for you if you've done everything you said you did so I'm very confused by this. About the flash I think there is one which is quite small and quick right before the black puff
Gypsy Baron wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 16:57 Half the FLAK bursts will have a 'flash'. I limited the numbers of that effect to prevent an overload of the display.
Several of the 91st pilots are now flying P2DV5 as well as V4.5 and the FLAK works fine for them.
-=GB=-
I've checked the files again and it all looks like it should in accordance with the instructions, I'm going to try re-installing the files and see if it makes any difference.
I'm certain it's something I've done and not the Flak scenery itself.

Thanks
Al

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”