Will A2A be devoloping products for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Paul Okwii
Airman First Class

Will A2A be devoloping products for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by Paul Okwii »

hi
Will A2A be devoloping products for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Thanks

Paul

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Will A2A be devoloping products for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by n421nj »

Prob not something they are willing to release just yet but I can guarantee some phone calls were made. Just my opinion unfortunately I’m not affiliated with A2A in any way except a slave to their products
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

The more I read about 2020 - I think it’s just Flight on steroids - they are after the lucrative Xbox market - just my humble opinion...

Regards,
Scott

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Aaaaagh! Run away! Not a MSFS2020 thread on here! This is an oasis of calm in a world full of manic crystal ball gazers. :shock:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Ron Attwood wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 17:19 Aaaaagh! Run away! Not a MSFS2020 thread on here! This is an oasis of calm in a world full of manic crystal ball gazers. :shock:
That is a very shallow view of things. Another entry into the simulator market should be viewed as a good thing and to take this attitude with no facts to base it on is pretty childish.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

scottb613 wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 16:01 Hi Folks,

The more I read about 2020 - I think it’s just Flight on steroids - they are after the lucrative Xbox market - just my humble opinion...

Regards,
Scott
While they maybe looking to get some of the Xbox market, from looking at the .gifs on the insider page, in its current form an Xbox has no chance to run it. The images I think are looking like they are from the PC version and not one that is for sure going to be downgraded to play on consoles. One only needs to look at DT Train Sim World on both consoles and PC to see there is a night and day difference between them. I have got the PC and Xbox versions of Farming Simulator 15 and there is no comparison. This "OMG it'll play on an Xbox!", attitude is laughable because, let us not forget, MS had the same plan for FSX, and went so far to showcase it being played with an Xbox 360 controller, and there was none of this trash being spewed at that time. Flight crashed and burned because the community spoke with it's dollars. Flight though poorly marketed was a great simulator in its own right, so if this is Flight on steroids, that is actually a good thing. However, if the community goes into this new sim with the same jaundiced opinion, it will never even get out of the gate. We are all here because of Microsoft Flight Simulator et al and to pretend not to be is beyond arrogant. You can say, "I but I fly, FSX:SE, P3D, XP, or DCS", but, the fact remains they they all spawned as direct competition to MSFS, maybe not so much DCS that came out of the Flanker series which was a competitor to the Falcon series but, I digress, the majority of the people using the forum are here as a direct result of Microsoft Flight Simulator. I am doing my best to keep an open mind. I liked Flight, it was a good base line simulator, and we know what happened to it but for all its faults, it was actually better than FSX/ESP and better than X-Plane at the time. They just screwed the pooch and locked out freeware creators. Only time and new information will tell, and to keep this "Remember Flight" thing going is very grade school. It was more than 7 years ago get over it.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I believe Ron is saying that the A2A forums have generally been an oasis free from threads full of endless circular speculative discussion and debate over an unreleased product.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Oracle427 wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 18:01 I believe Ron is saying that the A2A forums have generally been an oasis free from threads full of endless circular speculative discussion and debate over an unreleased product.
Very true but we also must remember that this is the internet and the internet was built specifically for that purpose. Any useful information gathered is an added bonus
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Oracle427 wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 18:01 I believe Ron is saying that the A2A forums have generally been an oasis free from threads full of endless circular speculative discussion and debate over an unreleased product.
Thank you. You've put it in terms that can be understood by even.....well.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

n421nj wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 19:16 Any useful information gathered is an added bonus
And you think any useful information is going to come out of a re-run of everything that has been voiced on Avsim? Mmm, don't think so.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

That is because for most of it's existence Shockwave/A2A has been operating in an established environment. There has not been any thing truly new in a long time. This new simulator will be very different from FS9/FSX/P3D so there will be speculation and discussion here because it is relevant to the hobby, and as has been posted, Microsoft is reading flight sim site postings as they are posting comments from some of the other sites and replying to them. So if we don't discuss it here and hope that Microsoft is paying attention this time then what is the point of an online forum? If we stay silent then the vocal minority will be the only voice heard and we'll end up with a product that Microsoft "thinks" everyone wants because, they didn't see anyone say anything differently. You must engage to change and I for one, while excited, will keep an open mind and realign my thoughts as new information is released. Right now, I am on board. Next, week, MS may shoot themselves in the foot, and I'll head to the "watching a train wreck" category.
Ron Attwood wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 19:18
Thank you. You've put it in terms that can be understood by even.....well.
If your original comment could be interpreted in any other way than how I responded to it then forgive me for taking the hobby seriously. You talk about A2A being a haven from that which you deem irrelevant, and just because you do not wish to participate in the conversation do not look upon others with disdain, if you do not wish to be a part of the conversation you do not have to be but, do not ridicule others for sharing their interests. If you have an opposing view point then by all mean present it in a fashion that is formatted in a way that your ideas are conveyed concisely.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Ron Attwood wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 19:20
n421nj wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 19:16 Any useful information gathered is an added bonus
And you think any useful information is going to come out of a re-run of everything that has been voiced on Avsim? Mmm, don't think so.
Who said anything about Avsim? You do know that there is an official Microsoft Flight Simulator website that most people are getting their information from right?
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I would hope that we don't have a repeat of the Flight Sim World type comments from people who seem to have an axe to grind, and no personal experienced of the product. It seems that MS are doing something to move the flight sim hobby forward and I for one would hope they are successful. If they are, then in the fullness of time, perhaps A2A will have products available for the new sim.

Let's just give it time and see what actually transpires. By the end of October, we might know some more.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Ron Attwood wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 17:19 Aaaaagh! Run away! Not a MSFS2020 thread on here! This is an oasis of calm in a world full of manic crystal ball gazers. :shock:
Reducingg the Avsim FS20 forum to manic crystal ball gazing is a bit contemptuous for the participants, it seems to me. There are a lot of interesting ideas, propositions. MS themwelves has said being in the alpha stage and requesting feedback from the community. Why shouldn't we do it ? Will they heed our advices, I don't know (I am polite here :D ) but it seems to me useful to send messages across their bow anyway.

And one useful message is that we want A2A aircraft in the new sim !

PS after all, flight simulation is also about shooting the breeze with friends :D
scottb613 wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 16:01 Hi Folks,

Regards,
Scott
Difficult to say yet. Could MS botch up a second time in a row ? They certainly can. Will they ? At this time, I would give them the benefit of the doubt.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Solareagle
Senior Airman

Post by Solareagle »

Of course they will, and A2A will make millions and millions of dollars. The add-on marketplace go hand in hand with the sim. I bet Microsoft sells 5 million copies the first year.
A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”