AI Traffic for GA aircraft

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

AI Traffic for GA aircraft

Post by bobsk8 »

I have been using My Traffic 6 for years and while it has plenty of airline traffic, not so much GA traffic. I am wondering if this would be more available with ultimate Traffic Live. They claim that there are thousands of GA flights, but haven't read any reviews if this is true or not. Anyone here using it, and if so, what is your experience. ?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: AI Traffic for GA aircraft

Post by AKar »

Yes, there are rather many GA flights with UT Live. You can also set the traffic density for GA and airline traffic separately, so you can increase the relative amount of GA flights if it feels too low. I don't know about their numbers but there are enough of GA flights to add traffic into the places not served by scheduled air traffic. It may not be the most varying nor realistic, but for me, it does the trick of adding generic GA traffic very well to the places not covered by, say, Orbx AI traffic packages.

-Esa

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

AKar wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 10:19 Yes, there are rather many GA flights with UT Live. You can also set the traffic density for GA and airline traffic separately, so you can increase the relative amount of GA flights if it feels too low. I don't know about their numbers but there are enough of GA flights to add traffic into the places not served by scheduled air traffic. It may not be the most varying nor realistic, but for me, it does the trick of adding generic GA traffic very well to the places not covered by, say, Orbx AI traffic packages.

-Esa
Thanks,/ I think I will give it a try.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Yea, it's a fine addon. Not perfect, but suits my needs. I don't need über-accurate AI traffic; it is enough to me that there is traffic and it is reasonably believable for the region I'm flying in. UT Live does just that.

-Esa

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Bought UT Live this afternoon. What a snap to set up versus setting up My Traffic 6. Already flying and seeing many GA flights. I love it already. :D
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Is this mostly US stuff?

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 09:51 Is this mostly US stuff?

cheers,
Lewis
It makes traffic globally. Somewhat generic of course in what comes to GA, but the registers are more or less correct for whatever corner of the world.

-Esa

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

How much performance impact is there? I'm on a 3.5 year old computer with FSX, A2A planes , ASN and Orbx scenery and would like a traffic upgrade but I'm already pushing limits.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Was thinking more of the UK for most my flying is for sure at the local airfields and local area here.

thanks,
Lewis

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

AviationAtWar wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 10:34 How much performance impact is there? I'm on a 3.5 year old computer with FSX, A2A planes , ASN and Orbx scenery and would like a traffic upgrade but I'm already pushing limits.
Much better on performance than My Traffic 6 was, and I turned traffic way down on MT6.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Post by jimcarrel »

I use UTL and shut off the commercial flights, I use UTL only for the GA. AIG provides my commercial

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

I was just saying on another post that UTL is a great tool. I personally run mine at 100% GA and commercial aircraft. I found that if I turn off the traffic in P3D and Orbx and solely run UTL, there’s minimal frame rate impact.
Ron
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 10:38 Was thinking more of the UK for most my flying is for sure at the local airfields and local area here.
It should work just fine. What I do note is that if you use Orbx landclass-based sceneries for UK, many small airports appear to only have runway associated with them. That is, no parking spots or aprons. (Not saying that's not how they are in real life; perhaps less there for Germans to target on!) I am not exactly sure how AI behaves on airports without parking spots - to be honest, I've never checked that out.

-Esa

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh, thats not actually orbx but just a FS issue lol. Orbx actually add's some parking and stuff to places but yes you are correct many are simply runways for UK GA by default.

cheers,
Lewis

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I have programmed some AI traffic in the past. If it's just a strip with no parking spots they disappear after landing. I've never checked but they return okay and probably just re-appear for take-off.

Re. UTL and GA. It populates smaller airports well enough when set at 100%. This gives me three GA at least at EGFP Pembrey. I vary the commercial setting between 70 - 100%.

Clarification: That's three UT GA taxiing and one of my own AI parked, waiting to go.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”