The not so glamerous

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Dave R
Airman

The not so glamerous

Post by Dave R »

Hi guys
Just following up on a thought I posted awhile back. While we all enjoy flying the Big Names of WW2 on our Computers, the Spitfires, Mustangs, B-17's and Lancasters.
There's a whole host of aircraft that flew along side them, often giving equally as good service as the more glamerous names, but which now seem to be totally overlooked.

So to get the ball rolling my offerings for a fighter and a bomber I would like to see in a game or WOP add-on sometime.

Fighter
Hawker Hurricane.
Yes I know this has been in a few games, but has never been given the loving attention to detail that the Spit has enjoyed.

Bomber
Handley Page Halifax.
Everybody knows the Lanc, but the Halifax flew in equal numbers. A bit personal this one to, as my father was a navigator on Halifax during the war, and I remember how annoyed he used to get "You'd think we only had the bloody Lancaster...." Usually followed by something unrepeatable here :D

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Check out Robert Sanderson's freeware Hurricanes. They are as good or better than most payware. :)

http://www.fsimcafe.com/Downloads/ShowD ... ductID=470 -- I think this link allows a download. Here's another link if the first one doesn't work.

Here is a review with screenshots.

Also get Sanderson's Hurricane IId "Tin Opener" version with scenery. Be sure to download the patch for Hurricane IId as well.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Dave R Hawker Hurricane

Post by cflord »

Dave R

I tried to respond to your post, but my reply got posted as a seperate post. Go see the post Hawker Hurricane for some pics of this beautiful old bird.

Keep the shinny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer :oops:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”