A2A Spitfire in X-Plane???

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

A2A Spitfire in X-Plane???

Post by Medtner »

This sounds either like a misunderstanding or a slip of the tongue:

Airtech Simulations is testing X-plane with Orbx scenery and “can’t wait to get A2A Spitfire in there”.

Source:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 6125572371
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Spitfire in X-Plane???

Post by n421nj »

Gotta be a typo
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

I doubt this would be true but I like to think that one guy didn't get told about it being secret lol
AKA "Memey"

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Looks like they edited it: Started testing X-Plane by Laminar Research with Orbx GB South in the dome today. Very pleased is an understatement!!! Can’t wait to get the Spitfire software in there next!

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

It does say A2A software used in the development of the Spitfire.

The leading warbird software developers with some of the most skilled people in the industry. A2A Simulations' Spitfire software provides the MK9 model on which the simulator is based. They have been rigorous in getting the information required to make it is a real as possible. As a part of this thirst for reality they came to the UK and rigged one of Boultbee Flight Academy's Spitfire TR9's with cameras and accelerometers and designed a flight profile that would give them all the data they needed to plug into existing algorithms to generate the full spectrum of flight characteristics.

https://www.airtechsimulation.co.uk/projects

Update:

From Facebook...

We’re extremely impressed with the performance of X-Plane by Laminar Research and Orbx Truearth scenery. Solid frame rates, easy multichannel configuration and all the simulator data we need to interface the cockpit is easily accessed without having to hack into the core code. Fantastic software!!! Really looking forward to trying it with the new Spitfire software next week!!!

So maybe other than A2A?

Airtech Simulation
Airman Basic

Post by Airtech Simulation »

Oooooh...... Got to love a mystery! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Loose lips sink Submarines????

All news to me.....
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

(or opening a window...)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Killratio wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 09:58 (or opening a window...)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Always said I wouldn't go to XP without A2A, but am rethinking even that. Too much invested in P3D as it is, and at this point, my dislikes of XP still outweigh my likes. Maybe if I win the lottery. Wait...I've never bought a lottery ticket... :mrgreen:

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

I see A2A's homepage has an item on it from March 23rd last year:
"Spitfire Training Simulator progresses with partners Airtech Simulations
A2A Simulations have been working with Airtech simulations to create what will be one of if not the most realistic Spitfire training simulation on the planet for use at Boultbee Flight Academy."

So maybe this is an extension of this, happy days :D
Now Airteach, how about giving the Bonanza a try as well :lol:

I notice the screenshots in the facebook post linked above seem to say 'Boultbee' on the side of the spit.
And from the description on OrbX's site of their Chichester/Goodwood airport for xplane: "Fun fact: The Boultbee Spitfire Academy is located in the large green hangar and houses an impressive dome Spitfire simulator which uses Orbx TrueEarth GB for its scenery!" (shown on the xplane version of the scenery but not the FSX/P3D version).

Of course, none of this says that the spitfire would ever have a public release on xplane (and we already have a pretty good spitfire available, even if it is a later model).
Interesting, nevertheless.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

A2A has the foresight to change with the times - good for them. Recognizing a dynamic, ever-changing market based on consumer demand and emerging technology is the hallmark of any progressive company with long term development aspirations. It's when commercial entities get too comfortable languishing around on the same platform year after year, keeping their head in the sand while the tech landscape changes around them, that things go downhill. :D :a2a: :a2awhite: :D

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

This is an exciting time for flight simulations. I feel I am at a crossroads, however... I can't justify investing further in FSX; changing to P3D would be high cost for negligible improvement; there's no A2A for X-Plane yet; and FS2020 looks like it will be a revolution more than an evolution. I'm holding off for FS2020 with hopes A2A can bring AccuSim magic to it. And I hope the industry leaders might continue to pool their talents and together create feature-rich commercial addons with accuracy and detail like we have never seen before.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Don't get you hopes to high...

There is/was a FSX/P3D version of the Mk IX spitfire, custom made for "Boultbee Flight Academy" which will/would never be released for FSX/P3D any time soon (soure: Lewis)

This version is now ported to X-plane, because the "Boultbee Flight Academy" seems to want to use X-plane as there base for there simulator instead of FSX/P3D.

Fear this brings a complete Mk IX Spitfire not closer for FSX/P3D/FS2020 or Xplane.

I do hope i'm wrong here. :-)

Marcel

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”