A2A and DCS

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: A2A and DCS

Post by Ron Attwood »

See? It pays to listen to scuttlebutt. :D Nice one Scott.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Over the past few years, I've found myself less interested in games of 'kill or be killed' and find myself playing games more orientated towards survival, or logistics of some sort. The Long Dark and Take On Mars for instance. Perhaps an injection of Accu-sim into DCS would revive my killer instinct but I doubt it. I think I'd rather worry about foraging for my next meal.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

bladerunner900 wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 07:46 Over the past few years, I've found myself less interested in games of 'kill or be killed' and find myself playing games more orientated towards survival, or logistics of some sort. The Long Dark and Take On Mars for instance. Perhaps an injection of Accu-sim into DCS would revive my killer instinct but I doubt it. I think I'd rather worry about foraging for my next meal.
I'd love to share a pint (or four) with you and discuss the philosophy of gaming with you. You're not turning vegan are you? :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Ron Attwood wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 08:12
bladerunner900 wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 07:46 Over the past few years, I've found myself less interested in games of 'kill or be killed' and find myself playing games more orientated towards survival, or logistics of some sort. The Long Dark and Take On Mars for instance. Perhaps an injection of Accu-sim into DCS would revive my killer instinct but I doubt it. I think I'd rather worry about foraging for my next meal.
I'd love to share a pint (or four) with you and discuss the philosophy of gaming with you. You're not turning vegan are you? :D
I'd be up for that and no. Definitely not turning vegan. There's a reason why God, or The Gods gave us canines. :wink:

I confess to playing 7 Days to Die as well. Definitely loads of zombies in that to kill. Head shots are particularly satisfying.

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

The Long Dark is a wonderful game which has been a strong competitor for my playing time. Only thing, the Beaver is all broken into pieces :D ! Just completed the Whiteout challenge after several fails, feeling good !
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

There's nothing more satisfying than shooting down your friend in DCS with an inferior plane in a dogfight :mrgreen:

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Dominique wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 08:32 The Long Dark is a wonderful game which has been a strong competitor for my playing time. Only thing, the Beaver is all broken into pieces :D ! Just completed the Whiteout challenge after several fails, feeling good !
Yeah, if only it could be played in Co-op. At the moment I'm at day 30 something in a mod called 'Relentless night'. Days and nights are getting longer and nights are getting colder. Eventually I will be stuck in permanent night. That sounds like fun, hunting in the dark trying to keep warm. :wink:

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Marvin-E34 wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 04:37 There's nothing more satisfying than shooting down your friend in DCS with an inferior plane in a dogfight :mrgreen:
That may be, if you enjoy it. But in my experience, PvP can rapidly degenerate into something more akin to ganking, or worse, harassment. I've had enough of that in other 'on-line' games. Although, joining a private group may be the solution for that.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

bladerunner900 wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 05:39
Marvin-E34 wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 04:37 There's nothing more satisfying than shooting down your friend in DCS with an inferior plane in a dogfight :mrgreen:
That may be, if you enjoy it. But in my experience, PvP can rapidly degenerate into something more akin to ganking, or worse, harassment. I've had enough of that in other 'on-line' games. Although, joining a private group may be the solution for that.
Internet trolls have existed from the dawn of the internet. You have to expect that when entering an online environment. However, if you feel that internet trash talk is harassing and don’t want to subjugate yourself to it, then joining a session with only friends is probably your best bet. Or sticking to a professional non confrontational game server like Vatsim
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

n421nj wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 06:59
Internet trolls have existed from the dawn of the internet. You have to expect that when entering an online environment. However, if you feel that internet trash talk is harassing and don’t want to subjugate yourself to it, then joining a session with only friends is probably your best bet. Or sticking to a professional non confrontational game server like Vatsim
Everything you say is correct and well known to me. Fortunately I do not have to put up with it and don't. :wink:

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

People used to call me "russian hacker" (9 times out of 10) on Call of Duty everytime i had a good score, just because i use names like "SovietRussia" ingame :o
The DCS crowd seem to be much more educated.

And yes, i mainly play 1v1 with a friend in a private match.
He's very hard to catch with the Mirage 2000, i've tried many planes against him:
- Su-27 ; using "direct control" (fly by wire off), ripping off the wings over 500 knots
- F/A-18 ; G limiter override, still stable and a very good gun
- F-15 ; the most stable plane in dogfight
- F-14B ; probably the only plane able to make smaller turns at low speed, but when you lose it ...
- Mig 21 ; it's already hard enough to fly straight
- Mig 19 ; with some practice you can do wonders, still lacking in the engine department

- Mirage 2000 ; the best fly by wire system, the best shape to drop speed in no time. It's a spaceship. Sukhois doing cobras is no longer a fascination when flying against the M2000 :mrgreen:
Last edited by Marvin-E34 on 16 Aug 2019, 07:42, edited 3 times in total.

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

bladerunner900 wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 05:32 Yeah, if only it could be played in Co-op. At the moment I'm at day 30 something in a mod called 'Relentless night'. Days and nights are getting longer and nights are getting colder. Eventually I will be stuck in permanent night. That sounds like fun, hunting in the dark trying to keep warm. :wink:
I’ve to look in that mod, I didn’t know there were any.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Dominique wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 07:39
bladerunner900 wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 05:32 Yeah, if only it could be played in Co-op. At the moment I'm at day 30 something in a mod called 'Relentless night'. Days and nights are getting longer and nights are getting colder. Eventually I will be stuck in permanent night. That sounds like fun, hunting in the dark trying to keep warm. :wink:
I’ve to look in that mod, I didn’t know there were any.
Be aware that Hinterland are looking at 'optimising' the code for the game and that this will probably kill off moding at some point. They did it once but reverted when people complained about worse performance. The moders complained too but I'm not sure how much they care about that.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Well I just got the Huey and am very impressed. Great flight model and not too complicated avionics. Still trying to figure out multiplayer but must crawl before I can run.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

n421nj wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 17:59 Well I just got the Huey and am very impressed. Great flight model and not too complicated avionics. Still trying to figure out multiplayer but must crawl before I can run.
The Huey is a great aircraft. I have flown it in DCS since it was released. If you want a bit more stability get the Ka-50 Blackshark. It's very agile and fast. I spend most of my time just flying in DCS, and only do weapon runs when I get bored, as most of the aircraft in simulation mode require a lot of practice and patience to fly well.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”