A2A and DCS

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: A2A and DCS

Post by n421nj »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 16:10
n421nj wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 17:59 Well I just got the Huey and am very impressed. Great flight model and not too complicated avionics. Still trying to figure out multiplayer but must crawl before I can run.
The Huey is a great aircraft. I have flown it in DCS since it was released. If you want a bit more stability get the Ka-50 Blackshark. It's very agile and fast. I spend most of my time just flying in DCS, and only do weapon runs when I get bored, as most of the aircraft in simulation mode require a lot of practice and patience to fly well.
The black shark doesn’t really interest me that much. Huey is in my top 5 helicopters of all times and it’s hard to find a good simulation since I’ll never fly one in real life. I kind of like the gazelle but right now trying to learn the Huey. I like how bare bones everything is. It gives you a great satisfaction flying it smoothly.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

Some A2A Magic would really be welcomed in the world of DCS...

Nearly all DCS modules are amazing in graphics, flight dynamics and detail, but especially the piston ones all lack the a2a magic. For example, ED Spitfire looks awesome and feels like a warbird to fly, very hard to land, very dynamic model. But it does not talk to you like the A2A model, it lacks the soul if you will. In modern jet planes, like the Hornet, it does not matter, but with old historic piston planes.... it does...

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Alfredson007 wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 07:12 Some A2A Magic would really be welcomed in the world of DCS...

Nearly all DCS modules are amazing in graphics, flight dynamics and detail, but especially the piston ones all lack the a2a magic. For example, ED Spitfire looks awesome and feels like a warbird to fly, very hard to land, very dynamic model. But it does not talk to you like the A2A model, it lacks the soul if you will. In modern jet planes, like the Hornet, it does not matter, but with old historic piston planes.... it does...
I agree. There is something about A2A planes you can’t put your finger on it but notice when it’s missing .
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

n421nj wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 17:31 I agree. There is something about A2A planes you can’t put your finger on it but notice when it’s missing .
I believe the word is "ALIVE"... :wink: 8)
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 10:10I believe the word is "ALIVE"... :wink: 8)
"Alive" is a good word.

A2A aircraft have a soul. Others are just bits of metal.

Hook

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

I agree A2A aircraft feel alive and their visual and system modeling and first class. The other thing they do exceptionally well is the vehicle persistence (which probably goes a long way towards it feeling alive). Though this is the one thing I can't say I would want to see in DCS mainly because it is mission based and when I start a mission I want a plane that is working the way it is supposed to. I do like the persistence feature in P3D though

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Hook wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 11:41 "Alive" is a good word.

A2A aircraft have a soul. Others are just bits of metal.

Hook
Bingo! That's it in a nutshell... :D
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”