A2A and DCS

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
User avatar
Ron Attwood
Senior Master Sergeant
Posts: 2147
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, UK

A2A and DCS

Post Ron Attwood »

A little while ago there was a bit of scuttlebutt about A2A liaising with Eagle Dynamics. Any truth in this? Any likelihood of it happening?

It would be tremendous to have the P-40 and the T-6, to name but two, in DCS
------------------------------------
Image
------------------------------------
Image

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant
Posts: 3540
Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Location: KCDW

Re: A2A and DCS

Post n421nj »

That would be something alright
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

User avatar
Dominique
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 475
Joined: 05 Mar 2005
Location: French riviera

Re: A2A and DCS

Post Dominique »

Ron Attwood wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 10:35
A little while ago there was a bit of scuttlebutt about A2A liaising with Eagle Dynamics. Any truth in this? Any likelihood of it happening?

It would be tremendous to have the P-40 and the T-6, to name but two, in DCS
A scuttlebutt hey ? I admit I had to look into the Webster :D . My little, how do you say ?, yes scuttlebutt on July 1st had 1300 views and 30ish replies. Not bad. Its little scuttlebutt brother at OrbX was even more popular and was even bumped up these recent days. I will not hold my breath waiting for an answer though, I may turn blue.
Dominique
Simming with a i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and Prepar3D V3
Proud owner of A2A Piper Cub, Cherokee and Comanche, Curtiss P-40, North American P-51 civ. and Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser and Cessna Skylane

User avatar
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 31436
Joined: 06 Nov 2004
Location: Beccles, Suffolk, UK
Contact:

Re: A2A and DCS

Post Lewis - A2A »

No News on the DCS front.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

User avatar
Ron Attwood
Senior Master Sergeant
Posts: 2147
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, UK

Re: A2A and DCS

Post Ron Attwood »

You know what they say? No news is good news. :D Thanks for the confirmation Lewis. 8)
------------------------------------
Image
------------------------------------
Image

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant
Posts: 3540
Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Location: KCDW

Re: A2A and DCS

Post n421nj »

Just downloaded dcs today. The tf-51 is very similar to the A2a p51.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

User avatar
Ron Attwood
Senior Master Sergeant
Posts: 2147
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, UK

Re: A2A and DCS

Post Ron Attwood »

n421nj wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 20:59
Just downloaded dcs today. The tf-51 is very similar to the A2a p51.
On the face of it, yes. Once you've flown it for a while you'll probably come to the conclusion that the A2A P-51D is better. It certainly needs to be treated with more respect on take off and landing. It's a shame I've had enough of P3D and use DCS exclusively so I don't get to fly the real things any more.

Hence this thread. :D
------------------------------------
Image
------------------------------------
Image

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant
Posts: 3540
Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Location: KCDW

Re: A2A and DCS

Post n421nj »

The one gripe I have with the A2A war birds is that they don’t have working guns. I know why they don’t and I respect their decision. I just feel that the aircraft were built for one reason and one reason only, and not being able to use them as intended is cutting them short. Especially in the sim where anything is possible. Prob why I like the civilian mustang the best. The realism remains because it’s a restored war bird so guns would be removed.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

User avatar
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant
Posts: 1638
Joined: 30 Nov 2014

Re: A2A and DCS

Post Paughco »

n421nj wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 19:03
The one gripe I have with the A2A war birds is that they don’t have working guns. I know why they don’t and I respect their decision. I just feel that the aircraft were built for one reason and one reason only, and not being able to use them as intended is cutting them short. Especially in the sim where anything is possible. Prob why I like the civilian mustang the best. The realism remains because it’s a restored war bird so guns would be removed.
I read recently (wish I could still find the link!) that the P-51 was built to kill people. And it's still doing a pretty good job. Yeah, I really like my Civ P-51, also.

Seeya
ATB
Image

User avatar
Ron Attwood
Senior Master Sergeant
Posts: 2147
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, UK

Re: A2A and DCS

Post Ron Attwood »

I always imagine that A2A warbirds are the versions we see at airshows all over the world. None of those have working guns. Something to do with 'the law'. P3D/FSX is a peaceful sim. DCS is for shooting folk.
------------------------------------
Image
------------------------------------
Image

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant
Posts: 2228
Joined: 15 Mar 2016

Re: A2A and DCS

Post alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The 91st bombardment group have the A2A B17 simulating gun fire , using smoke effects and they can be triggered by using either the i key or individual guns via an add on gun/bailout mod mod we use.
They dont do any damage , but it is something you can do to any warbird in FSX to give the impression of gunfire , if you have a smoke effect in your sim that is suitable , and know how to edit the aircraft.cfg files.
regards alan. 8)
Image
Image
Image
Image

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant
Posts: 3540
Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Location: KCDW

Re: A2A and DCS

Post n421nj »

Ron Attwood wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 03:02
I always imagine that A2A warbirds are the versions we see at airshows all over the world. None of those have working guns. Something to do with 'the law'. P3D/FSX is a peaceful sim. DCS is for shooting folk.
I use that philosophy too when flying them. It’s harder to forget when I can charge the guns or add ammo weight and bombs and rockets to the plane.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

User avatar
AKar
A2A Mechanic
Posts: 4534
Joined: 26 May 2013

Re: A2A and DCS

Post AKar »

Ron Attwood wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 03:02
I always imagine that A2A warbirds are the versions we see at airshows all over the world. None of those have working guns. Something to do with 'the law'.
Such an unfair law! Why are the members of various flight clubs which are owned by the governments allowed to fly their airplanes with gunz installed and in working order (even if unloaded) if I'm not?

-Esa

User avatar
Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant
Posts: 1975
Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Location: Great Falls Army Air Base, Montana

Re: A2A and DCS

Post Skycat »

Not having active guns in FSX doesn't bother me -- I see FSX as a training and GA adventure environment. I simply enjoy the freedom to virtually fly wherever I want, including local airports I know from real life.

The DCS TF-51D is a great simulation, and the price is right also (free!). I'd encourage anyone who is curious about modern flight simulators to download DCS World as a starting point. However, I'm not so enthralled with the combat P-51D as a single-player experience, even with the Normandy map. At best, for me as an offline player, DCS is a platform for weapons system familiarization in the P-51D. It's the next step in training after mastering the A2A AccuSim Mustang. I can strafe and bomb trains to my heart's content.

For combat, I've really been enjoying the IL-2 Great Battles series. I fly with automatic engine management since I can't remember key binds, not even my own custom binds, and I focus on tactics instead. The IL-2 "Bodenplatte" P-47 Thunderbolt has been an absolute joy, and it takes me back to when I first discovered air combat sims -- I spent hundreds of hours flying ground attack sorties in JWW2F, the original IL-2 series, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3, etc. The Great Battles P-51D is expected to be released in coming months, along with the P-38 in development.
I like Thunderbolts! (Click on "Photos")

User avatar
Scott - A2A
A2A General
Posts: 15828
Joined: 11 Feb 2004
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: A2A and DCS

Post Scott - A2A »

We are moving down a new path that will help us develop more efficiently, better, and also be able to bring AccuSim into other platforms, which would include DCS. Today we are one step closer to that, but we still have more testing to do.

I had great talks with Matt Wagner and we clearly want to work together. Once our new technology is ready to test, we will pursue this. Whether it results in an A2A airplane in DCS is yet to be seen though. It's definitely not a certain thing but we are closer now than before.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests