A2A for DCS ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A for DCS ?

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Dominique wrote: 05 Jul 2019, 11:14 In a way, some of you raise an interesting dilemna : if A2A was transporting its T38A to both DCS and P3D, which one would you choose :) ?

One thing I see in the L-39 is that some characteristics of the flight are the same in P3D and DCS, but not the feel ...
And to be honest, what a dilemma to have! For me if the T-38 made it to DCS that is most likely where I would buy it for the simple reason, that the multiplayer capabilities of DCS are much better and more stable than FSX/P3D,(I will claim ignorance of X-Planes capabilities here as I do not know what they are or if they even exist) and this makes for great formation flying experiences that I have found to be much smoother in DCS than P3D(your mileage may vary) and I am running on a pretty moderate system. Something that I think is interesting is that Milviz came out with a T-38C or are getting ready to release one, and I am sure they must be sweating bullets over A2A's T-38A. As for the feel, I am sure a lot of that is owed to your familiarity with P3D. I am sure I am not the only one that knows the keyboard commands front and back due to them being essentially the same for so many years, and when you get into a new command structure you lose that familiar feeling and the whole thing feels different.(kinda like driving a friends car, sure it does the same thing as yours but it feels different.)
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 05 Jul 2019, 21:24
A first world dilemna, Paul :) . Milviz has released its bird. I am very cautious. They do SP packs to correct the main flaws of a first release then pass to another project. We are far from the A2A continuous upgrading of Accusim. Their F-100 is not bad but I am not sure I would have bought it after a try.

About the feel, somethin hard to define, I meant the feel you get in the joystick, so to speak. The command structure is indeed different and more complicated than in P3D for certain tasks (tuning the ADF for instance is almost epic :D !).
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

dsc106
Airman Basic

Post by dsc106 »

Resurrecting this 4 years later, as DCS has grown leaps and bounds and continues to.

Any chance A2A will show interest in bringing some of its stellar work to DCS World?

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

dsc106 wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 13:05 Resurrecting this 4 years later, as DCS has grown leaps and bounds and continues to.
It has indeed done so. So many helicopters now, ok, only 5 but still that is more than I own in MSFS, and the F/A-18C is way better than the F/A-18E from the Maverick pack.(though that model does look good)
dsc106 wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 13:05 Any chance A2A will show interest in bringing some of its stellar work to DCS World?
I've heard no word on that front but since this thread started there has been a P-47 added to DCS, and there is an F4U inbound at some point. The aircraft that A2A would do best with at the moment would be the P-40 or the T-38 because they aren't in DCS and the P-40 that was being worked on turned into vaporware and I believe the team no longer even exists. With the announcement of the C-130 and CH-47 for DCS and the excitement stirring around them both, it would kinda suggest that a B-17 with multi crew capability would be something that the WWII crowd in DCS would go nuts over, though I couldn't see sitting in a chair for 8-12 hours on deep bombing runs.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 06:07
dsc106 wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 13:05 Resurrecting this 4 years later, as DCS has grown leaps and bounds and continues to.
It has indeed done so. So many helicopters now, ok, only 5 but still that is more than I own in MSFS, and the F/A-18C is way better than the F/A-18E from the Maverick pack.(though that model does look good)
dsc106 wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 13:05 Any chance A2A will show interest in bringing some of its stellar work to DCS World?
I've heard no word on that front but since this thread started there has been a P-47 added to DCS, and there is an F4U inbound at some point. The aircraft that A2A would do best with at the moment would be the P-40 or the T-38 because they aren't in DCS and the P-40 that was being worked on turned into vaporware and I believe the team no longer even exists. With the announcement of the C-130 and CH-47 for DCS and the excitement stirring around them both, it would kinda suggest that a B-17 with multi crew capability would be something that the WWII crowd in DCS would go nuts over, though I couldn't see sitting in a chair for 8-12 hours on deep bombing runs.
The P40 doesn‘t really have a theater in DCS. It wasn’t really used in the Normandy/Channel battles which are the DCS WW2 maps. For the B17 I think the WW2 Maps are way too small to fly it seriously in combat sorties. Germany‘s not available at all.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

MarcE wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 00:17
The P40 doesn‘t really have a theater in DCS. It wasn’t really used in the Normandy/Channel battles which are the DCS WW2 maps. For the B17 I think the WW2 Maps are way too small to fly it seriously in combat sorties. Germany‘s not available at all.
There is still the Marianas map and that will be getting a WWII version, also, the Sinai Map being North Africa is more than a reasonable stand in for the theater, also North Australia is coming, and the P-40 was used there as well. As for the B-17 and the maps being too small, no one in their right mind would spend 10+ hours doing full Berlin and back missions and the B-17s and Lancasters were pounding France long before they were pounding Germany. Also, the P-40 was used by the Red Tails over France and Italy before they ever got into P-51s. So, it is quite clear they would more than fit into the existing maps.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”