Should A2A release official trainers even if not "complete" by our standard?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.

Should A2A Release Official Trainers even if incomplete?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 118

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Should A2A release official trainers even if not "complete" by our standard?

Post by Scott - A2A »

If A2A makes an official trainer for the military that is only partially complete by our standards but is not going to be developed any further, do you think A2A should put this airplane in our store? These projects may never be developed any further or some may be, and this is always up in the air.

We (A2A) have been arguing about this for some time, about releasing airplanes that are partially complete but have something good to offer but are missing some features. The F-104 is one that comes to mind as well.

The idea is we would price these accordingly based on how complete they are.

Please share thoughts, both pros and cons
A2A Simulations Inc.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: Should A2A release official trainers even if not "complete" by our standard?

Post by CAPFlyer »

I will echo my comments from Facebook here for completeness. :)

I voted Yes and suggest that A2A bring back/continue the Aircraft Factory brand for this purpose. I thought that was part of the idea originally with AF, so this gives you an opprotunity to bring in some additional revenue for projects you invested a lot of time in but may not be able to complete now or due to a change in situation; but is complete enough to be a viable product. It's not "becoming Carenado" as was suggested on Facebook, it's getting some return on investment that would otherwise be a loss.

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Should A2A release official trainers even if not "complete" by our standard?

Post by trucker17 »

I'm kind of on the fence with this question. Having another plane quickly from A2A would be great, but at the same time, i am not sure i would want one that is not up to A2A standards.
Even if you inform everyone that the plane is not complete to your standards, its your companies reputation that could be effected by the outcome.....even under the AF banner....
In any event my money would be their.....
Last edited by trucker17 on 19 Jun 2019, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

SeattleSleeper
Airman First Class

Post by SeattleSleeper »

No. While some people would be perfectly fine with the caveats, there is a segment of the users that even if you tell them about the known deficiencies, they will piss and moan about it until they're foaming at the mouth and falling over backwards. Keep your reputation of uncompromising quality. That just my 2 cents worth. :)

“If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny.”

― steven wright

Gallant0
Airman Basic

Post by Gallant0 »

I think it would be case by case for me depending on what is complete vs what isn't complete.

Pilot Lodkins
Airman

Post by Pilot Lodkins »

just keep with your reputation of Quality!

BonanzaDude
A2A Test Pilot

Post by BonanzaDude »

I honestly think that by releasing a plane that is not up to normal A2A standards, it will hurt the brand in the long run by comments that people make in regards to the issues that happen with the inferior/incomplete products.

John
John P. Navara
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

I voted no.

Your standards are so high that I’d find it disappointing to have a scaled down product.
I would also think that it is bad for marketing - it will be very confusing and messy, not for us “A2A-family members” here on the forum, but for the greater mass of customers. People expect perfection from A2A, and this will muddy the waters.

I say this bursting with hope for an eventual release of fully fledged A2A quality products, but setting aside my own immediate wants/needs I’d prefer you to stay the course and release only what you think is worthy.

To put it bluntly - if I can’t have a proper A2A-F-104 I’d rather not have it at all.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I guess that if the changes are that a product would likely not be developed further at least any time soon or possibly at all, it could as well be released as long as it is fairly clear in what is included and what is left out on purpose. And the parts that are included are 'full quality'.

My reasoning is basically: why not? I mean, if the other option is to bury it, or leave it on an eternal back burner with other stuff taking priorities.

-Esa

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

I vote no.

Unfortunately regardless of how many disclaimers you add these products will be “reviewed” by many in the flight sim community. I would hate for that to tarnish A2A’s reputation. Stick with the quality we have come to know and love.

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

It's not an easy question and I understand why A2A wants to also hear the customer base. My view is that it depends on these details:

If putting on sale a product that is not complete by A2A standards will consume time resources for completing other "complete" A2A planes, then no.

If putting on sale a product that is not complete by A2A standards will not consume time resources for completing other "complete" A2A planes and the price will also be scaled down a bit, then yes, why not. I don't have any doubt that any A2A trainer will offer a great learning possibilities, realistic systems and handling. If what is missing is minimal, it would be a pity to lose the rest of the work. For example the Texan II, looks amazing to me and I wouldn't mind if it was missing some A2A "eye-candy" stuff.

In that case, I can't vote until A2A clarifies what "partially complete" means and if it will slow down the completion of other complete modules.
| C172 Trainer | C182 Skylane | J3 Cub | L049 Constellation | PA24 Commanche | PA28 Cherokee | P-40 Warhawk | P-51D Military | P-51D Civilian | Spitfire MkI-II | T-6 Texan | V35B Bonanza | B-17 Flying Fortress |

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

My opinion is a "No"!

A2A stands for high level quality.
Introducing a second (or third) line of products will just confuse.

And I'm sure you will be flooded by comments like "yes, I know it just training versions, but why haven't you implemented XY and Z??!!"
And as a user I would always wonder if that is now a bug or just an incomplete system modelling.

So, keep your standards so that everybody could buy A2A products without thinking! :D

DatDudeMIC
Senior Airman

Post by DatDudeMIC »

I vote no. I have A2A is the most realistic brand of Small GA Planes for flight Sims. I would hate to see you release a plane that is not up to your standards and then have a bad reputation.
Keep The Blue Side Up,

Micah H.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I can't believe I'm saying this, because like many here, I'm always waiting for a new Accu-Sim release, but I voted a big fat NO on this issue. Definitely not to be released as an Accu-Sim product for 2 very important reasons:-

1) I would much rather you concentrate on the next actual Accu-Sim product than waste time trying to develop and support a sub par product. Your releases just get better and better and any new product should at least be as good as the last one.
2) Why dilute your brand?? That way lies the beginning of the end. You've developed a product for the military, and I'm sure they're happy with it (or them), so leave them to it. If these products they can't be brought up to the usual standards, you'll spend far too much time and resources trying to support something that isn't, or can't be made, up to par. This will only tarnish your reputation and perhaps future growth.

I'm always (well, after 6 months from the last release) hoping for a new release, and A2A Accu-Sim is all I fly. I accept that they cost a bit more too. The other stuff isn't involving enough for me to waste my time or money on. I've bought other stuff, but soon got bored with the inaccuracies and lack of character. They all feel the same So I'd much rather wait for a great release than be disappointed by a dud product. Please do what you do best.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Scott - A2A wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 08:21 If A2A makes an official trainer for the military that is only partially complete by our standards but is not going to be developed any further, do you think A2A should put this airplane in our store? These projects may never be developed any further or some may be, and this is always up in the air.

We (A2A) have been arguing about this for some time, about releasing airplanes that are partially complete but have something good to offer but are missing some features. The F-104 is one that comes to mind as well.

The idea is we would price these accordingly based on how complete they are.

Please share thoughts, both pros and cons
In Florida. Home Sunday PM. We'll talk.
D

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”