More German Scenery (...in France...) from me

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

More German Scenery (...in France...) from me

Post by Ian P »

Hi folks.

This one is, again, sort of A2A related, so I'll post it here in case anyone is interested.

I've just uploaded my rendition of Lille-Nord to my site, here: https://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/fligh ... ille-nord/ - although this was primarily a bomber field (at least, when the Allies weren't using it...) there were also fighters stationed there when the bombers weren't and in common with most Axis airfields in France, pretty much anything that could land there probably did.

So. Uhu and Bf109E should be fine, then! :mrgreen:

Have fun.

Ian P.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: More German Scenery (...in France...) from me

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cracking stuff Ian, good to see a little update from your end 8) 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

I like it! Now, I can not only „visit“ the English in WW II Manston but do it from a WW II France, too! That comes as close to the reality of then as I like it, without too much of the darker side showing. Or! I can climb in my Spit and simulate an English pilot of 20 (ahh, to be that young again!) who does a reconnaissance flight across the Channel. Thanks Ian! That makes two Brits who have a free Bavarian(!) beer waiting here (in fact, three constitutes a club doesn‘t it?).
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

On a similar note, that is what I found missing in P3D, the old aerodromes with their 3 runways etc. I do not need the other paraphernalia like tanks, gun emplacements etc. But everything else that lets me simulate the difficulties of landing on short fields, grass fields, fields with trees around them,... That way, I know that I have to practice my slip technique...
Again: Thanks Ian.
Volker

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Thanks folks.

You might like to take a look at all the other stuff on my site then, Volker... Lots of grass, some evil short field landings over trees (I'm looking at you, Bodney!) and lots of places to reconnoitre... There are also a couple more fields in France for the Luftwaffe to fly from (Tramecourt for Ju-87s and Caffiers for Bf109s/FW190As) but I think they're only in the "All in One" pack at present. I really need to get my backside in gear and create pages on the new site for all the rest.

Cheers,

Ian P.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Hi Ian!
I have nothing against „all in one“! As long as it works in P3Dv4.5ff...
Volker

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

I assume, Ian, that you do a lot of flying around, too, on the old continent?
If so, let me (and those who like small airfields) point you to

simmershome.de
(his website has an English version, too)

Reiner has designed many small and some bigger fields in East Germany where he lives. His renditions are IMHO very good.
So, populate your German VFR scenery with his airfields and you can try putting down with your Spitfire on one or the other of his grass fields!
Enjoy!
Volker

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Thank you Ian. Love your work :D

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

None of my stuff is currently P3Dv4 native, in that it is compiled with the FSX SDK at present, but it all works without issue in P3Dv4.whatever I am running (might still be 4.4, I'm not sure). I test in both FSX and P3Dv4 and I can compile my sceneries in P3D, I just need to convert all my objects and, with the partial implementation of PBR in P3Dv4 (and XP11) that's a far bigger job than I am currently in a position to take on. Because I also don't make custom ground textures and custom lighting and custom everything else, most people class my stuff as 'not good enough' any more, which doesn't make me overly inclined to spend huge amounts of time making it again for a different sim! :D

On the rare occasions I get to fly further afield than the latest scenery I'm messing about with, it tends to be airliners, I'm afraid. It's very rare that I get the opportunity to take the time to fly GA anywhere.

Cheers,

Ian P.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”