An Open Letter to A2A concerning MSFS

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Hook
Master Sergeant

An Open Letter to A2A concerning MSFS

Post by Hook »

I am reading on other forums that since the announcement of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator that some people are asserting that they will never buy anything else for FSX or P3D.

Given that the new flight sim is probably 18 months away, I suspect a few will change their minds.

I've already earmarked funds for the Cub and possibly the B-17 for P3Dv4 when they are released. Even if they are released a month from when the new flight sim will be available. Maybe even if both are also available for the new flight sim. At this point I'd probably purchase the Stratocruiser for P3Dv4 as well.

While I'm optimistic about a new MS flight sim, I keep hearing things that make me wonder. I won't be giving up P3D any time soon in any case.

Just wanted to let you know. You have our support.

Hook

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: An Open Letter to A2A concerning MSFS

Post by Jacques »

+1
I’ve almost no interest in moving off the P3D platform. :D

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

If somebody wants to donate an i9-9900k and a GTX 2080 Ti, then I'm all in for the new MSFS...if A2A develops aircraft for it. So...yeah, I'm not quitting P3D. I imagine P3D v5 will demand specs beyond my 7600k and gtx 1080, as will XP12 (again, if A2A ever develops there), so I'll likely stay put at v4.5.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I wasn't sure how this would be received. But it's one thing to hear it from someone who owns everything A2A ever made, and another to hear it from a casual fan who only has a few A2A planes and they aren't even the ones he flies the most. :)

A2A does good work. Now, if they'd only make a few bush planes and a DC-3. Or even resurrect that F-104.

Hook

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Relax folks. A2A takes all and everything new into consideration as it comes along but I can assure you that A2A goes its own way in the industry and no matter what comes along A2A will continue on with one thing in mind and ONLY one thing..........that being what is best for the A2A customer and family...........YOU !
Dudley Henriques

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

it's still way too early to make any decision (hardware or software).

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I'm relaxed. It's amusing to me, that people are getting hysterical for no reason. There is nothing saying one cannot have more than one simulator. I will follow closely on what develops and act accordingly. But at the end of the day, the most important ingredient for me is Accu-sim.

:wink:

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

patful wrote: 12 Jun 2019, 16:25 I imagine P3D v5 will demand specs beyond my 7600k and gtx 1080, as will XP12 (again, if A2A ever develops there), so I'll likely stay put at v4.5.
Well, I've gotten increased performance (and visuals) with constant hardware as P3D has gone up its major versions. :)

-Esa

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Reminds me of times I'd be assigned to attend a public meeting about a new project, perhaps a co-gen facility next to an adjoining sawmill perhaps. The guys in the front of the room would have easels with cool looking slides (too far out in the boonies for Wi-Fi and PowerPoint) and would describe how their project would be totally awesome, and would bring the community new life, jobs, money, etc.

"PITS," I'd think.

I'm thinkin' that right now. "PITS" is the acronym for "Pie In The Sky."

Just got back from a nice flight in my A2A Mustang. Took off from Skagit Regional, landed at Harvey's in Snohomish, had a burger at the Buzz-Inn, then flew back to Arlington. How can it get any better than this?

Seeya
ATB

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Right on the nose, Paughco.

I’m not afraid of change, and I might pay more attention when the project is more complete, but I’m still happy with my current (substantial) investment!😂

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

patful wrote: 12 Jun 2019, 16:25 If somebody wants to donate an i9-9900k and a GTX 2080 Ti, then I'm all in for the new MSFS...if A2A develops aircraft for it. So...yeah, I'm not quitting P3D. I imagine P3D v5 will demand specs beyond my 7600k and gtx 1080, as will XP12 (again, if A2A ever develops there), so I'll likely stay put at v4.5.
I think that's a bit of a pessimistic view with those specs! You are top end of the scale and set for many years to come if you are running 76 and 1080. 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 05:21I think that's a bit of a pessimistic view with those specs! You are top end of the scale and set for many years to come if you are running 76 and 1080.
Eh, not really, Prepar3D's Recommended requirement is 8 GB+ for the GPU now, so the next iteration will likely be 11+. Since FS98, I ignore Minimum requirements, and I don't turn down settings. I've already overclocked the non-HT i5 to get the performance I want, so I can't imagine that the next version will improve on that given all of the advancements I'm expecting to keep up with X-Plane in the visuals.

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

patful wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 08:16
Lewis - A2A wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 05:21I think that's a bit of a pessimistic view with those specs! You are top end of the scale and set for many years to come if you are running 76 and 1080.
Eh, not really, Prepar3D's Recommended requirement is 8 GB+ for the GPU now, so the next iteration will likely be 11+. Since FS98, I ignore Minimum requirements, and I don't turn down settings. I've already overclocked the non-HT i5 to get the performance I want, so I can't imagine that the next version will improve on that given all of the advancements I'm expecting to keep up with X-Plane in the visuals.
Just get the new upcoming Xbox, it's going to destroy PCs ! 8K @ 144 fps ! #sarcasm :mrgreen:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I gotta stand by what I said, just because rec specs change doesnt mean it doesnt work. case in point most of us as A2A use 9series cards, I was the first to get 20series and that was this month. Sure if you want to go OT and never turn settings down then you will be upgrading every generation, BUT that is user choice. Your specs are still considered top range and will run everything you throw at it for some years to come.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Prepar3D, even though heavily modified basically still runs on an engine that is decades old and still doesn't utilize modern computers to their full potential. It's basically still driving with an engaged handbrake to at least maintain some kind of compatibility. The new Microsoft Flight Simulator seems to be built brand new (hence no number in the title) with a modern engine that takes full advantage of modern hardware and coding. If that turns out to be true, I expect the performance to be significantly better than anything that Prepar3D has to offer. We'll see...
Happy Landings
- Patrick

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”