Risky "flight sim" business

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Risky "flight sim" business

Post by Ian P »

He is a Russian citizen, but the only relevance of that fact is that the criminal offence he committed was breaching the restrictions that prevented the export of the documentation to specified countries.

That's a wordy way of saying that "he paid to get the documents into a country he wasn't allowed to".

It could have been Yemen, or China, or Iran or Somalia, or many other places that the US bans export of certain things to. The fact that he is Russian is irrelevant other than the fact that Russia is on the list. "Tischenko" could also be Ukranian, Belorussian or from a number of other countries - most of which, to be fair, have the same rules applied as Russia!

As I strongly implied before, I agree with those saying this has nothing to do with espionage and nothing to do with Eagle Dynamics. Without knowing the ins and outs of the court case, my guess would be that he's a wannabe internet "fixer" and "entrepreneur". His intent was nothing more than to buy them, sell them on at a profit and make himself money. Using the ED name to get a flight simmer who knew no different to buy them on his part was just his way of bypassing the export restrictions that he was very aware he was breaking.

Ian P.

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Re: Risky "flight sim" business

Post by FlyingsCool »

What's weird to me is that all these documents are freely available for downloading on the web from multiple sources....

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”