A2A Development Update May 2019

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A2A Development Update May 2019

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I might be the only person who doesnt get the Draco, its such a niche aircraft. I just don't get it :? :?
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

You're not the only one, Lewis. The Draco seems like something you'd see at a monster truck rally, looks pretty ridiculous and doesn't really serve a purpose.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

That's the point of Draco. It is crazy. Mike built it just to be crazy. There is a thing not just in aviation but in industry that sometimes it's cool just to do it to prove it can be done.

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

Any news on a new COTS product in the future?
M.Carter
Private Pilot

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Wot's a Draco, and when is the B17 coming for the P3D ?

:D
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Gabe777 wrote: 24 May 2019, 09:49 Wot's a Draco, and when is the B17 coming for the P3D ?

:D
It's a highly modified Wilga, for STOL and off airport bush uses. I agree with Lewis insofar as it's very much a niche product, but I do see the point of it in high altitude hot temperature use, especially off airport uses.

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqhI4MeCn1c

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Is there any estimated release date yet for Accu-Sim Draco? :mrgreen:

-Esa

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

CAPFlyer wrote: 24 May 2019, 07:48 That's the point of Draco. It is crazy. Mike built it just to be crazy. There is a thing not just in aviation but in industry that sometimes it's cool just to do it to prove it can be done.
This is EXACTLY why the Patey's did Draco. It was a pure and open demonstration of their unbelievable engineering and fabrication skills AND to bring a HUGE spotlight on their company BEST TUGS.
The twins are super talented at literally everything they do and they have been highly successful. They have the money and the talent to do these things and they get a huge kick out of doing it as well. In all the years I've been in aviation I can't remember seeing two people who have gotten more sheer fun out of aviation than the Patey's. Kermit would come close but not even he compares to these guys. They have coupled fun with sound business sense. Everything they do brings attention to their business. It's the perfect marketing plan, even though it just happens to work out that way.
The Patey brothers are all about enjoying aviation and sharing what they do with everybody.
Draco is a magnificent achievement. The plane has won awards galore everywhere it goes and will no doubt continue doing so.
Now the guys have embarked on their newest "adventure". They will be building a "Cub" from spare parts found in a junk yard. I have no doubt at all that when they get finished doing it, that "Cub" will be something to behold.
Dudley Henriques

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Wow.... that's what you call tyres !
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update May 2019 (Captain Jake CFI Sale 25% off)

Post by jeepinforfun »

thomas_mac wrote: 13 May 2019, 09:35
Scott - A2A wrote: 02 May 2019, 13:34
New Strategy Game: “FirePOWER!”
Starting as a child and still today my two favorite types of “games” are flight simulators and strategy games. I've spent thousands of hours playing both over my lifetime. We have formed a team of five who have been creating a brand new kind of strategy game. Again, we have to be very careful what we show here because we truly want to offer something new and exciting when it's released. This game and technology is also part of a more broad picture which will become clearer to everyone one the game is released.

This name probably brings back memories for some who have been with us for 15+ years, as the air combat add-on "FirePOWER" was our very first (and critically acclaimed) software product. However, we're carrying this name forward to front a brand new technology. The name “FirePOWER” conjures up all kinds of images of battleships, bombers and tanks. We're very excited to be making this game and being platform independent, it will allow A2A to reach more people than ever before.
Very excited for this! I still play lots of Command & Conquer Generals and Company of Heros 1/2.
I second that motion and look forward to this offering when completed.

Also no question that any new aircraft coming from the A2A developers will be a sight for sore eyes, turboprops and jet trainers yes please. A shame we can't see a T-33 before the T-38 but what will be, will be. :D
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I'm much more of a piston guy but I've been wanting a vintage jet lately. I've mulled over a few from the other bigger payware developers several times and couldn't bring myself to buy anything because I know I'd be disappointed. I can't wait for the T-38.

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

Nice little prep video of the Aerostar and it's preflight operations overview.

Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Re. „FirePOWER“
Will that mean that all the warbirds from A2A will be able to fire their guns etc.?
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

Dan M
Airman

Post by Dan M »

Thanks for the update Scott, it's all looking amazing. Just can't wait for that new Texan and the Aerostar. And now jets? Don't get me started on how much I'd love to see someone build the hell out of an F-104 or F-101.

The longer I stay with (and invest in) simming, the more I find I'm just not happy with any aircraft except the stuff you're releasing, with very few exceptions. I think we've been spoiled by just how far A2A raised the bar, and how consistently you hit it out of the park. Well done everyone, and huge congratulations to Captain Jake!
Dan M

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

F-104 for sure. Not sure what the fascination is with the T-33, but id love to see a A2A choose a jet that wasnt a Turd as far as performance. T38 is a good start for that..either way, i miss it when they did warbirds..maybe a B25 or C47. Im honestly shocked that for the whole COTS idea they havent done a DC3 as iconic to passenger service as she was. Now THAT would be a release.
Image Image

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”