Choice for next A2A plane

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
chacal
Airman

Choice for next A2A plane

Post by chacal »

Hello all,

after a lot of hours with the cessna 172 i think im ready to choose a new A2A plane. The idea is to choose a plane suited for longer journeys and able to go through some small hills ( lower Alps !).

Of course i can study the numbers but i would like to know your opinion. I can afford only one choice of course and will spent a lot of time in it.

Thanx for your advice.

Ludwik
Ludwik

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Re: Choice for next A2A plane

Post by Bruce66 »

Piper Comanche 250! :D
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

P-51D Civilian. It is a proper beast, but so rewarding when you get it right! And the price on virtual avgas has just gone down, so no worries there :lol:
As the Mustang have oxygen, you’ll be able to go above the Alps. You are going to buy them all any way...... :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

chacal
Airman

Post by chacal »

The comanche is of course a choice...

..but a warbird... well maybe the step is a litlle too high for me... and i fear that all my virtual luggage wont fit.... :D and the cockpit is a litlle cramped... More seriously a mustang is a must have but maybe a litlle later.... as a third plane, i m still to be consodered a beginner.... But you re right one day i ll get em all... :) at least i hope so.

Ludwik
Ludwik

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I think the best recommendation for the Comanche is Scott's explanation in this video on why they chose it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxeVxa8qJo

Hook

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Yep, Comanche. It won't being trying quite as hard as the Bonanza or Mustang to kill you the second one wheel leaves the ground, but has the extra bits to play with such as constant speed prop, retractable gear and more to the fuel system.

And it looks cool, especially with the tip tanks on.

Mike
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

chacal
Airman

Post by chacal »

thanks for all your answers, at first i was feeling the 182 would be the right / easier choice to step up but you are convincing me to give a try to this Comanche beauty :D

Ludwik
Ludwik

GunninGamerz
Airman First Class

Post by GunninGamerz »

Comanche for sure!! This is the same route I went and the same route I am doing with my 9 year old son who is learning to fly. Start with the C172 to get the basics of flight down then move onto the Comanche to start moving along farther and faster.

Amazing plane!
"SpringfieldXD45"
https://www.youtube.com/gunningamerz
https://www.twitch.tv/gunningamerz
https://twitter.com/GunninGamerz

My A2A hangar:
C172, C182, Cherokee, Comanche, V35B, P51 Mil & Civ, B17, Spitfire, T6, P-40, B377 COTS, Cub, Connie

chacal
Airman

Post by chacal »

I'm done... the Comanche is in the hangar.... and woah ! :D It's (She's ?) a true beauty !
After three tour around of my airport (LFMQ) i have the feel that we'll spend a lot of time in the air. It seems relativly sure, with no traitorous manners. But it's fast ! I'll not have the same time left that with my old 172 for navigation...
Tomorrow I ll stress it a litlle more with stall exercices, low speed maniability and so on.

Fun fact : at the third landing , just before the touchdown i found that i have my gear still up ! :shock:

Thanks again !

Ludwik
Ludwik

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

I've taken the Comanche through the Alps before, it's a good choice! Also something completely different to the Cessna line, which will help to keep it interesting and challenging; like remembering to lower your landing gear!

Your avatar... that's from the old strategy game of Dune II, right? Wow, that really takes me back to my younger years :D

chacal
Airman

Post by chacal »

The landing gear.... so used to fixed and so concentrated on evrything else that i forgpt it...
As for the avatar, that Radnor, the Harkonnen's mentat from Dune 2 yes, back in good old 1992...
Ludwik

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I like to do sightseeing more often than not so I like the high-wing setups and the C182 was a big improvement over the 172 so don't discount it.

There is no question in my book that the Cherokee has the prettiest panel with it's raised plastic panel face and it is very maneuverable.

If I fly longer distance flights I will use the Comanche because of it's speed but I do hate not being able to look straight down. On the plus side it sure is much easier to see the runway in the pattern during the turn to final.

You can't go wrong with any of them, watch the A2A videos and pick your next purchase based on how you fly.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

One thing you should seriously consider when choosing a new A2A aircraft is that our latest release carries with it all the advances we have made and included in our Accusim program.
This would immediately point you toward the Beech Bonanza which not only meets the above criteria but as well would be the perfect plane for what you have described as being what is needed for your proposed mission.
Dudley Henriques

chacal
Airman

Post by chacal »

jeepinforfun wrote: 02 May 2019, 18:14 You can't go wrong with any of them, watch the A2A videos and pick your next purchase based on how you fly.
Thanks jeepinforfun for your input. I have finally chosen the Comanche over the 182, mostly for changing and more variety and a litlle more complex plane. I will miss the view however.

Ludwik
Ludwik

chacal
Airman

Post by chacal »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 02 May 2019, 19:01 One thing you should seriously consider when choosing a new A2A aircraft is that our latest release carries with it all the advances we have made and included in our Accusim program.
This would immediately point you toward the Beech Bonanza [...]
Dudley Henriques
Thanks for this advice, however i fear a litlle the Bonanza and want to make more hours on a plane that is more friendly. I will have enoigh work in Comanche without fighting the plane. Maybe it will be the next...

Ludwik
Ludwik

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”