propeller side view??

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
cessna lover

propeller side view??

Post by cessna lover »

I was just messing around with some default airplane on FSX the otherday and when you look at the propeller from the side it's flat. but if you look at an A2A air craft propeller from the side it looks like it's fat. is it just me or are the propeller disks different?

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: propeller side view??

Post by AKar »

I'm pretty sure they are different. ;)

-Esa

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

AKar wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 12:57 I'm pretty sure they are different. ;)

-Esa
yes sir they are different and it has spoiled me to other airplanes cause I like that the propeller disks are not flat on A2A planes.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

A2A has a habit of spoiling things.....
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

n421nj wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 08:00 A2A has a habit of spoiling things.....
:lol: true but in a good way. :wink:

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

n421nj wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 08:00 A2A has a habit of spoiling things.....
Right!!!!????

New A2A customer here and I've gone from a hangar full of interesting airplanes to fly to not wanting to fly anything else other than the T-6. About the only other airplane I can see flying in the foreseeable future is the A2A Mustang....but having too much fun with the T-6 right now. The A2A factor has also messed up the fact that I used to do all my flying on VATSIM with all the sim/ATC/Teamspeak audio coming through my headset. Now I absolutely must listen to the T-6 through the cranked speakers so had to network VATSIM. Then I realized that I was going to be flying relatively low level and mostly VFR so no real need to do it online. It's not as loud as having a real R1340 in the basement, but good job my wife gets me nonetheless...lol

So, ya...A2A spoiling things...and now you're going to have me spend more money on the Mustang...damn you A2A!!! ...in the very best possible way!! :D
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 11:24 So, ya...A2A spoiling things...and now you're going to have me spend more money on the Mustang...damn you A2A!!! ...in the very best possible way!! :D
It'll get worse. I came for the B-17 and stayed for the rest. I told myself I'd just buy one A2A plane at that price point and now I have 12. I pretty quickly realized they're worth far more than the asking price.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

AviationAtWar wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 11:31
MkIV Hvd wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 11:24 So, ya...A2A spoiling things...and now you're going to have me spend more money on the Mustang...damn you A2A!!! ...in the very best possible way!! :D
It'll get worse. I came for the B-17 and stayed for the rest. I told myself I'd just buy one A2A plane at that price point and now I have 12. I pretty quickly realized they're worth far more than the asking price.
Oh yes they are!! It is quite likely that the T-6 and coming soon P-51 won't be my only two A2A airplanes...I'm just new and in denial right now LOL!
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

oh yeah. I have a really good time every time I fly the T-6. mine has 10 hours on it. but I love buzzing around in the P-51. I use the BO for longer flights and the B-17 for even longer flights. :)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

A2A Rob was the original creator of the fat propeller when looking from the side, as previously all propellers in FSX were two dimensional objects with no depth.
A2A Simulations Inc.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Scott - A2A wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 07:40 A2A Rob was the original creator of the fat propeller when looking from the side, as previously all propellers in FSX were two dimensional objects with no depth.
:lol: fat propeller. lol that's funny. but it is realistic. they are fat when looking at them. I have done enough plane spotting to see them.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Scott - A2A wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 07:40 A2A Rob was the original creator of the fat propeller when looking from the side, as previously all propellers in FSX were two dimensional objects with no depth.
Thanks Rob
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Much more realistic with 3d props. Prop hubs seemed to be the only issue with other developers I've seen. You'll see prop hubs with no blades attached.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

TuFun wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 22:36 Much more realistic with 3d props. Prop hubs seemed to be the only issue with other developers I've seen. You'll see prop hubs with no blades attached.
lol well how can a developer mess that up and just let it go? must be dove tail games :lol: there QC leaves a lot of bugs in products. lol

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”