Vintage military airfields for P3d?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Vintage military airfields for P3d?

Post by Warbirds »

Looking,,hard to find for sure.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Vintage military airfields for P3d?

Post by Jacques »

Check out Ian P’s site. UK based but I think in one section “all scenery download” he also has Larry Green’s Hobbs airfield in New Mexico. Regardless, really nice work on his part. These are fine in FSX and he must have re-worked the files so they work in P3Dv4. If not, it is a simple fix, usually.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Ian's airfields might not be compatible with ORBX Global or ORBX regions products.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

I'll assume you are looking for UK or European vintage, I don't have that but, I do like this site for US airports. http://www.airfields-freeman.com/
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I’ve not had a problem with ORBX and Ian’s sceneries. What kind of issues are you seeing, Skycat?

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Thanks, mainly US fields.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

The Hobbs field is really nice. :D

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Jacques wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 11:34 I’ve not had a problem with ORBX and Ian’s sceneries. What kind of issues are you seeing, Skycat?
I haven't loaded any Ian P sceneries against ORBX so it was only a speculation. I have a scenery by another developer that works in stock FSX but not ORBX FTX NA Central Rocky Mountains.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Skycat,

You are right also in that not all of them will work correctly with Orbx...some of there own airports don’t fully work correctly within regions!

Sometimes an add-on scenery installs below ORBX and, if you move them above ORBX they recover. Not always, but sometimes.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Sorry I'm rather late to this thread - I've been up to my elbows in "Dunkelgrau" and wondering why the Luftwaffe had to make everything so bleeping complicated!

Scowls at the GPU that's just finished AO rendering and now awaits texturing...

Anyway. All my stuff works with P3Dv4 to the best of my knowledge. Although none of it is PBR textured or P3D native MDL files, I'm running it all in v4 with no issues - as I said somewhere else recently, I have a config file that I can upload so you can use everything in the "All in One" downloads in the User/Documents P3Dv4 Addons folder.

Regarding Orbx, every one of my airfields except the ones in the Far East now has polygons in place that allow them to work fine with Orbx products. I develop them with Orbx England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Norway, Global Base, openLC Europe, Vector and Trees HD. The only thing I cannot say is that they'll match your mesh, because everyone uses different meshes at different point densities. All the newer ones and some of the older ones have blend meshes, but if you're aware of a specific problem, let me know so I can have a look at it.

Right. Back to the RAL 7021!

Edited to add: I don't have permission to do anything with Larry's Hobbs AAF other than host/distribute it, so it hasn't changed at all from the files Larry uploaded himself.

Ian P.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”