Not Dead Yet!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Not Dead Yet!

Post by Ian P »

It may seem like I've done nothing of any use for the FS world for a long time and that's because... It's not true that I haven't, it's just true that I've not actually uploaded any of it. :oops:

Anyway. I've uploaded a rather large update to my scenery objects and, because most of them were created for RAF Hunsdon, I uploaded a new version of the "All in One" scenery downloads as well, which includes Hunsdon.

Relevance to A2A... Umm... P-51Ds spent time at Hunsdon? :) It's most famous for being the launch site for Operation Jehrico, the strike on Amiens Prison, though.

Interesting thingies in the libraries include a defensive gun position and a little bloke with two Browning MGs that sort of slides around inside it, pretending to look for enemy aircraft. There's a bucketload more, too. You can find them at http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk

Oh, one other thing. You may well be presented with a warning that the site isn't secure, or there's an invalid certificate... The first is correct, because it doesn't need to be and shouldn't be using SSL. The second is not true... Sort of. My ISP decided that I was going to have a SSL Certificate whether I wanted one or not, but rather than buying one certificate per site hosted, they bought one per account via a certificate hosting site, then mapped http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk to https://thehostingsite.url/myaccount/th ... onthislink!) - which means, of course, that the bleeping name on the certificate does not match the website. Yay ISP. I'm trying to get them to cancel the redirect, but in the interim, the website is NOT trying to steal your information, you shouldn't be trying to log in to it with any information anyway. There are two security companies constantly scanning the site for problems and it's locked down by software from a third, so it >IS< safe to download from and then your own AV software should scan the files before you install them anyway.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Not Dead Yet!

Post by Jacques »

Thanks Ian, I love your work. I was actually onto the new stuff a week ago it seems. I missed RAF Hornchurch too much in P3Dv4. Imagine my surprise when, in a fit if desperation, there you were again! Great stuff, I can’t thank you enough.😀

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Thanks Jacques.

I've got everything in P3Dv4 and working apparently fine - including the SODE bits. I also actually have an addon ini file set up for the All-in-One stuff, which I can put up, so that people who don't want to write their own can install it all into P3dv4 Addons and it will all work.

None of it is PBR yet. I need to learn how to do that in Blender (which apparently doesn't yet really like PBR much...) but it's better than nothing.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cracking stuff as ever Ian. Hope you are well.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”