KT 76A vs KT 76C with default ATC

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

KT 76A vs KT 76C with default ATC

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

I wonder, if someone else has noticed this difference in A2A simulated transponder models from Bendix King. In A2A Cessna 172 for example equipped with KT 76C, I had to switch from ALT mode to previous mode in order default ATC to capture the squawk I just entered. On the other hand KT 76A, which can be found in A2A Cherokee 180 and not only, once I punch the squawk numbers the default ATC in FSX, gets my squawk without me changing transponder mode. I am asking why is that with my post and have you guys noticed it? I wonder if this is kept in the P3Dv4 default ATC. :wink:

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: KT 76A vs KT 76C with default ATC

Post by some1 - A2A »

Hmm, I don't think we're doing anything special, they should work the same. Set the code and that's it.
Michael Krawczyk

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello Michael,

I just noticed in (FSX + Acceleration) which is my current sim, that when I dial the provided by ATC squawk code in KT 76A, ATC responds immediately that they have identified my aircraft.
In KT 76C however after I dial the squawk and the transponder is in ALT mode, ATC does not see me or reply back. I need to switch between modes in the KT 76C in order ATC to recognize my squawk number. It is not a big deal by any means, I was just wondering is that so in real life, having in mind how accurately these avionics were modeled by you guys? :shock:

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

In 76C there is a short delay between typing the code and actually changing squawk (3-4 seconds), so in case of errors the pilot has time to correct.
Michael Krawczyk

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

I see, thanks Michael, to be honest, I never gave it that long not to do something. In comparison with KT 76A that is an eternity. :mrgreen:
I will definitely test it in the sim!

--
Vladi

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”