New Rig

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
stlkrash
Airman

New Rig

Post by stlkrash »

Ok I just put Vista 64 on the rig. So far so good. FSX runs better for me than on XP64. I am trying to see if my Beta group gets DX10 or not. I'll keep you guys posted. But it does look promising so far.

Semper Fi

Krash

stlkrash
Airman

oops

Post by stlkrash »

Here's stas i forgot

Twim 7800 gt's SLI capible but not active, they work better for 4 sceens

Nvidia board

AMD FX

3 G's Matched Ram

Maxtor SATA's

It's a cheap Tiger Home built, and i run 2 other pc's for cockpit. I have had no conflicts with things like Active Sky and FsInn running across LAN for FSX

CWOJackson
Senior Airman

Re: oops

Post by CWOJackson »

stlkrash wrote:Here's stas i forgot

Twim 7800 gt's SLI capible but not active, they work better for 4 sceens

Nvidia board

AMD FX

3 G's Matched Ram

Maxtor SATA's

It's a cheap Tiger Home built, and i run 2 other pc's for cockpit. I have had no conflicts with things like Active Sky and FsInn running across LAN for FSX
I would be very happy if the first FSX patch addressed SLI systems.

stlkrash
Airman

update

Post by stlkrash »

Vista has DX10 on board. Now draw back.... FSX doesn't support it or SLI yet. Draw back #2 Nvidia doesn't have SLI Drivers out yet. Now for something completely different. LOL Monty P. word hangin on grape vine is that all these issues will be addressed shortly with the public release. Vista is RTM so that leads me to gbelieve that it's not far off. Also there is talk of a "Gaming" Tweak or what ever you wanna call it for Vista. More on that when I get word. For those that have it or get it. Here's the first change that sucked. The cfg's and such are kept in a different place. So when you go to move files keep that in mind so you dont get a whole noe language lesson in the art of cursing. So all that said they seem to be on to something good. I just hope they are not lip sinkin to a record thats not playin.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

I'm going to wait until the dust settles!! S/F MudMarine

stlkrash
Airman

WOW

Post by stlkrash »

I decided to go ahead and go with a DX-10 Graphics card...

I got the PNY 8800 GTX. Now keep in mind FSX is not set for Vista yet and mine is a Beta. With that in mind.

I gained FPS in a big way and other than having to switch in and out of full screen once as the fight loads, All I have to say is.

WOW.

Here's the 2 big options on cards at the moment.

8800 GTX PNY $500 and up
8800 GTS EVGA $390 and up

I went with the X due to the faster clock.

But again WOW. I have not heard when the Vista FSX update will hit. Any news would be good.

S/F
StlKrash

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”