Can't save configuration

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
edwardsp1916
Airman

Can't save configuration

Post by edwardsp1916 »

I'm having an issue with the input configurator of all my A2A aircraft. This issue has occured in the last week or so and I cannot locate why it is happening.
Launching the config with admin rights make no observable difference;
Win 10 1809
P3D 4.4
A2A Piper PA28 & PA24, Bonanza and C182 all affected
I've checked the config file and it does seem changes are made despite the message, however when I enter the sim non of the controls listed in the config work.
I tried a reinstall of the PA28 and the DX installer also failed

I've tried to post an image of the message but cannot do this as the board attachment quota has been reached?

Any suggestions or ideas on how to resolve welcomed!

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Can't save configuration

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
A reinstall is the last resort as it can cause more problems than it fixes , i think there is a pinned forum note covering the simconnect which sounds like your issue , as you say all your A2A aircraft are effected , and the input configurator needs this simconnect to communicate with the aircraft , and some win 10 updates damage or delete it.
regards alan. 8)

edwardsp1916
Airman

Post by edwardsp1916 »

Thank you Alan,

I had tried a reinstall of all simconnect 'programs' last night with no success. I've also done a few PC resarts/shutdowns over the past 24 hours with no success, and then.......
.....did a restart this morning and all is well. The only change that I'm aware I made is moving my Saitek Cessna yoke to a new USB port as the PC could not see it, even though device connected to it's USB hub operate fine.

I will never understand why this sometimes happens in software.

Regards

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Glad you are sorted , changeing the control USB might well have been the cause , pity you did not mention this , also if you are not already aware , have all your controls going through a independant separate powered USB hub , as win 10 has a habit of depowering its powered USBs to save power.
regards alan. 8)

edwardsp1916
Airman

Post by edwardsp1916 »

Just to clarify a few points for others that may have the same issue.
No changes to USB were made prior to the issues occurring. I made the USB change after.
My yoke and other controllers are through a poweredUSB hub. Connected to my yoke are transmit receive module for keyboard and mouse. This has been the setup for the past year of more

Thanks again Allan for your thoughts.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”