OT: Why Santa is not coming this year

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
SeaVee
BDG

OT: Why Santa is not coming this year

Post by SeaVee »

Sorry guys, this was emailed to me and I laughed so hard my stomach still hurts.
Last edited by SeaVee on 23 Dec 2006, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

:lol: :twisted: :wink:
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

So I don't further abuse forum priviledges with yet another the OT thread, here is yours truly hand feeding a 300+ lb Goliath Grouper from my boat at Fort Jefferson in The Dry Tortugas, Florida Keys.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZuAaxi0kMxE

Amazing how fast these huge fish suck in food. They are known to grow to well over 600 pounds The ones in the video clip are like small Volkswagen cars. :shock: :shock: :shock:

In case anyone ever wondered, my forum handle is the make of my boat - SeaVee. My little 29 foot baby is called the "Raising Cane" after my lifelong love of the University of Miami Hurricanes (American) football team. I am a proud graduate (many years ago) of the school with the team that is perhaps the most hated of any by the rest of the U.S. - and I love it. :P
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

Hylander_1715
Technical Sergeant

Post by Hylander_1715 »

Ocean version of the largemouth bass! I could eat off that bad boy for three months and really cut down on the grocery bill!

Like the big 7 ft long Lake Sturgeon Dad caught once. We didn't have to go fishing for months after that.

Thanks Seevee. I like seein' stuff like that.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

"Watch yer hand!" :shock:

OldEagle
Airman

Post by OldEagle »

Hi' All !
Too many guns :( too many nuts !!
Merry Christmas to all !!
Happy Landings
Benny

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

stickman wrote:"Watch yer hand!" :shock:
I know. Groupers are suction feeders. Their mouths are huge and they basically open them very fast causing the water just outside to be sucked in - along with whatever fish is in front. The fish i was holding were very slimy - almost slipping out of my hand. I made sure to barely hold them and keep my hand out of the water. The grouper won't ever lift his head out of the water to feed. As long as I don't try to deliberately hold onto the fish or put my hand actually in the water along with it all I do is let the suction of the water pull the fish out of my hand. It looks scary but its actually not really. I and others have done it for years and no one has ever been bitten AFAIK.

Goliath Groupers (previously called Jewfish) however have killed spearfishermen many times (including a thirty ish pounder recently killed a guy in the Keys). There are uncomfirmed reports of very large ones swallowing spearfishing divers whole.

Most times where divers have been killed was that they speared the Goliath which then ran into a rock hole dragging the spearfisherman in with him, trapping and drowning him. That is what happened to the guy in the Keys a few months ago. He got tangled in the line on the spear, was free-diving (no scuba tank) and was alone and could not get free of the line and drowned.

He broke several cardinal rules of diving and it cost his life, shame. Plus he illegally speared a protected species (Goliaths can not be fished or speared here). The grouper that killed him was only about 30 pounds but once inside a rock they wedge themselves in and are very, very strong.

As far as the Santa hunting pic, I hope that was photoshopped. No idea on the background or identity of the picture - it has circulated in the 'net for a while. I don't understand hunting animals, much less with firearms. I've shot competitively at the target range for years at paper targets but have never and will never hunt an animal - but thats just me. Even fishing we release most of what we catch and keep only a handful that we eat. I never kill fish just for fun.

MurrayCod
Airman First Class

Post by MurrayCod »

the fish video looked like a great way to spend an afternoon. I am envious.

i also funny (once again) how the mental image of what you think someone may look like is nothing like the actual appearance.

Seafireliv
BDG

Post by Seafireliv »

I must be morbid cos that Santa pic made me laught too. I decided not to share the fun with my daughter though... even if she`s 15! Don`t think she`d see the funny side. :)

"Let him who desires peace, prepare for war"

quoted by some veggy guy.

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

MurrayCod wrote:the fish video looked like a great way to spend an afternoon. I am envious.
Anytime you or any of the other "Shockwave BoB2ers" are going to be in Miami drop me a PM and I'll try to get you out fishing.

I've been pretty busy of late - last time I took out the boat was in early October '06.... I am hurting for some fishing/boating and looking forward to next year's "big vacation". My wife and I and another couple rented a house on Great Guana Cay. Wifey, my little daughter and Jorge's wife will fly over to Marsh Harbor while Jorge and I will run the boat over and pick them up. Great Guana Cay is in the Abacos, Bahamas. Its about a 200 mile run and while my boat is very capable and I have tons of safety stuff (liferaft, EPIRBs, VHFs, etc) I'd rather not have the girls on the run over and back on a 29 foot boat. Now THAT will be fun.

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Thanks Buddye for moving this here. :D

Better place for it than BoB2 General....

Merry Christmas all.

SeaVee

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Sorry, I didn't laugh!! :( S/F MudMarine

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”