P3D 4.4

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
patful
Master Sergeant

P3D 4.4

Post by patful »

Rumors are flying around that P3D v4.4 is coming out this week. Has the A2A fleet been tested for compatibility issues yet...if true?

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Re: P3D 4.4

Post by AerialShorts »

You made my day! Fingers crossed!

Found this: https://fselite.net/news/fselite-exclus ... confirmed/

"So when will it be available? We can reveal that the planned release for Prepar3D V4.4 is currently November 28th 2018."

The changelog is at that link. Lots of new stuff!
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

I think the main feature is the PBR texture support. Although not everything on launch day will be updated so I'd bed the PBR effects will be staggered after launch.

Also, I remember asking the A2A team how soon until they release the B377 for v4. Their answer was 'its under a big pile of stuff to do before we get to it' - and with this announcement it puts that into context, I bet many high end devs are rushing behind the scenes to get their addons PBR compatible.

Also, the many other things mentioned in the 4.4 release notes are smaller things like individual fixes for certain things, fixing bugs. The main thing I have been waiting for for a LOONNGGG time is accurate light rendering in P3D. Like it is in X Plane 11 (not that I fly or own XP11-but I can still drool) accurate lighting/contrast and shadows is much lacking in v4 so far. So I really hope this PBR implementation is a step towards that. With all the amazing addons for v4 these days, its not 'better graphics' we need at this point, its accurate lighting to show them off at their best!!

And A2A continue to give us excellent visual fidelity with pretty much the best coding under the hood in the business. So I'm sure they are most likely getting all their stuff PBR ready. Maybe all their latest A2A releases ARE PBR ready and nobody knew it yet because the rendering engine didn't recognise those files yet. (one can dream of a world where A2A are like this because they...well........are)

-Peter
ImageImage

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Blame it on the PBR! I'll wait for confirmation that my beloved A2A fleet will work with v4 before downloading.

Thank you for the heads up
ATB

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

I believe most of the P3D offerings have features that list special A2A materials for steel, rubber, plastic, etc. Does this mean that PBR is already implemented for these models?

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Paughco wrote:Blame it on the PBR! I'll wait for confirmation that my beloved A2A fleet will work with v4 before downloading.

Thank you for the heads up
ATB
Most of the fleet already works in v4. All they'll have to do is add PBR material definitions to add that functionality in v4.4, but not having them won't make them suddenly incompatible from v4.3 released versions.

Panagiotis
Airman

Post by Panagiotis »

And FSX is getting better and better, still no updates to atc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”