Do i need a simulator P3D/FXS i addition - Cessna 172 Train

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Dall
Airman Basic

Do i need a simulator P3D/FXS i addition - Cessna 172 Train

Post by Dall »

Hi
I just purchased a Cessna 172 Trainer Accu-Sim for FSX/P3D from ShimShack, didn't know about A2A before that... I don`t know what to do next, do I need a simulator in addition to this program, and if so, what could you recommend, the P3D or the FXS.

Kind regards
Flemming Dall

mike4370
Senior Airman

Re: Do i need a simulator P3D/FXS i addition - Cessna 172 Tr

Post by mike4370 »

Hi, yes of course you need P3D or FSX. Any A2A software you may purchase is useless without the simulator itself. About which simulator would be recommended, I would recommend P3Dv4.3 but it depends on which simulator you bought the cessna for. There are different licenses for each simulator. for example, if you bought the cessna for FSX, then you would have no choice but to install FSX. On the other hand, if you purchased it for P3D, which version of P3D and is it for P3D academic or professional? For example if you bought it for P3D v 4.3 professional, then you would have no choice but to install P3D v 4.3 professional. Hope that makes sense.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Dall.
You say you purchased this product from ShimShack , i am assuming you mean SimShack , if so i would double check which sim you purchased it for , as i cannot find the A2A C172 under P3D , and a search does not reveal one , but if you go into FSX , then you see the A2A C172 for FSX , and only then can you select P3D/FSX ectra , so check your download link , so you can purchase the correct simulator for the aircraft purchased.
Also i would recommend you purchase any A2A aircraft , direct from A2A for the best service and support.
regards alan. 8)

Dall
Airman Basic

Post by Dall »

mike4370 wrote:Hi, yes, of course, you need P3D or FSX. Any A2A software you may purchase is useless without the simulator itself. About which simulator would be recommended, I would recommend P3Dv4.3 but it depends on which simulator you bought the Cessna for. There are different licenses for each simulator. for example, if you bought the Cessna for FSX, then you would have no choice but to install FSX. On the other hand, if you purchased it for P3D, which version of P3D and is it for P3D academic or professional? For example, if you bought it for P3D v 4.3 professional, then you would have no choice but to install P3D v 4.3 professional. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks a lot, great help. I guess ill just start from scratch and buy a simulator at A2A.. and start from there.

Kind regards
Flemming Dall

Dall
Airman Basic

Post by Dall »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Dall.
You say you purchased this product from ShimShack, I am assuming you mean SimShack, if so I would double check which sim you purchased it for, as I cannot find the A2A C172 under P3D, and a search does not reveal one , but if you go into FSX, then you see the A2A C172 for FSX , and only then can you select P3D/FSX extra , so check your download link , so you can purchase the correct simulator for the aircraft purchased.
Also, I would recommend you purchase any A2A aircraft, direct from A2A for the best service and support.
regards Alan. 8)
Thanks a lot, great help. I guess I'll just start from scratch and buy a simulator at A2A and start from there.
Can you recommend a simulator? What would be my first buy as a newbie? as I would like to train flight in a Cessna 172. This is the plane I fly in my training to obtain a private pilot license.

Kind regards
Flemming Dall

Dall
Airman Basic

Post by Dall »

Dall wrote:
You say you purchased this product from ShimShack, I am assuming you mean SimShack, if so I would double check which sim you purchased it for, as I cannot find the A2A C172 under P3D, and a search does not reveal one , but if you go into FSX, then you see the A2A C172 for FSX , and only then can you select P3D/FSX extra , so check your download link , so you can purchase the correct simulator for the aircraft purchased.
Also, I would recommend you purchase any A2A aircraft, direct from A2A for the best service and support.
regards Alan. 8)
Thanks a lot, great help. I guess I'll just start from scratch and buy a simulator at A2A and start from there.
Can you recommend a simulator? What would be my first buy as a newbie? as I would like to train flight in a Cessna 172. This is the plane I fly in my training to obtain a private pilot license.

The package I bought is Prepar3D Professional

Kind regards
Flemming Dall

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Dall.
What does the download link say , this will dictate the sim you need , A2A only do addon aircraft for simulators.
The P3D sim needs to be purchased from lockheed martin , FSXA you can only get second hand and is hard to impossible to get , FSXSE from steam.
regards alan. 8)

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

mike4370 wrote:Hi, yes of course you need P3D or FSX. Any A2A software you may purchase is useless without the simulator itself. About which simulator would be recommended, I would recommend P3Dv4.3 but it depends on which simulator you bought the cessna for. There are different licenses for each simulator. for example, if you bought the cessna for FSX, then you would have no choice but to install FSX. On the other hand, if you purchased it for P3D, which version of P3D and is it for P3D academic or professional? For example if you bought it for P3D v 4.3 professional, then you would have no choice but to install P3D v 4.3 professional. Hope that makes sense.
The statement highlighted in yellow is incorrect. The Academic version of the 172 will install into the Professional version or the Academic version of P3D. The same is true of the other A2A P3D aircraft. For example. I bought the Professional version of the 172 when I had P3D v2.xx Professional. It also worked in P3D v3.xx Academic when I upgraded. All my Academic models, bought while I had P3D v3.xx Academic, now work in P3D v4.xx Professional. (after downloading the new, free v4 installers, of course)

I won't be drawn into any debates about the mixing of sims/versions but the fact is, all my A2A P3D aircraft are interchangeable, regardless of any difference in sim/model version. Good news as far as I'm concerned.

Steve.

Dall
Airman Basic

Post by Dall »

bladerunner900 wrote:
mike4370 wrote:Hi, yes of course you need P3D or FSX. Any A2A software you may purchase is useless without the simulator itself. About which simulator would be recommended, I would recommend P3Dv4.3 but it depends on which simulator you bought the cessna for. There are different licenses for each simulator. for example, if you bought the cessna for FSX, then you would have no choice but to install FSX. On the other hand, if you purchased it for P3D, which version of P3D and is it for P3D academic or professional? For example if you bought it for P3D v 4.3 professional, then you would have no choice but to install P3D v 4.3 professional. Hope that makes sense.
The statement highlighted in yellow is incorrect. The Academic version of the 172 will install into the Professional version or the Academic version of P3D. The same is true of the other A2A P3D aircraft. For example. I bought the Professional version of the 172 when I had P3D v2.xx Professional. It also worked in P3D v3.xx Academic when I upgraded. All my Academic models, bought while I had P3D v3.xx Academic, now work in P3D v4.xx Professional. (after downloading the new, free v4 installers, of course)

I won't be drawn into any debates about the mixing of sims/versions but the fact is, all my A2A P3D aircraft are interchangeable, regardless of any difference in sim/model version. Good news as far as I'm concerned.

Steve.

Thanks a lot, great help.

Kind regards
Flemming Dall

Dall
Airman Basic

Post by Dall »

What does the download link say , this will dictate the sim you need , A2A only do addon aircraft for simulators.
The P3D sim needs to be purchased from lockheed martin , FSXA you can only get second hand and is hard to impossible to get , FSXSE from steam.
regards alan. 8)
Ok, Ill go directly to lockheed Martin... Been there, seen that. Great help, Thanks. !

Kind regards
Flemming Dall

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”