Best AI Traffic For P3DV4

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DatDudeMIC
Senior Airman

Best AI Traffic For P3DV4

Post by DatDudeMIC »

Anyone know the best AI traffic program for P3D?
Keep The Blue Side Up,

Micah H.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Best AI Traffic For P3DV4

Post by AKar »

I don't know about the best, but I've been using Ultimate Traffic Live and I've been fairly happy with it. I don't care if some of the schedules and airlines are not up-to-date, so I don't want to comment this aspect though generally it seems quite fine in this. It adds GA as well (importantly to me), though I'd want to have more VFR traffic at low levels...most Pipers and Cessnas seem to fly above 10000 ft in UT Live flight plans so I mostly meet GA traffic at my altitudes only around the airports if flying A2A. When doing FSL, I'm perfectly fine with it.

-Esa

Poppet
Airman First Class

Post by Poppet »

Hello

Many Ai Traffic Add Ons work with Prepar3D v4 with some manual moving and editing of files.

But as far as I know Ultimate Traffic live is the only official compatible AI traffic Add On for Prepar3D v4
Elaine Dixon

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Graham Eccleston's freeware AI Traffic for Australia and New Zealand works brilliantly with Orbx scenery, both GA and commercial traffic in P3Dv4. I think he has also updated the American product to work with P3D4, but it only has GA traffic. Needless to say, I never leave New Zealand.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Ultimate Traffic Live works well for me with a couple of glitches - it occasionally requires a manual start, for reasons that appear to be related to its relationship to ORBX entries in the scenery.cfg, but I've never been able to figure them out fully. Not a big deal, just a couple of extra clicks, so I live with it.

The only issue to keep in mind with UTL is that development seems to have stopped. This is apparently a persistent issue with the Ultimate Traffic series.

Just Flight's Traffic Global has gotten some positive mention, but it's still in early access and reportedly isn't 100 percent functional (but getting there). I might consider moving over to it when the release becomes official.

Hope this helps.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Bruce R
Airman

Post by Bruce R »

I used to have MyTraffic Professional for FSX and P3D. While it was great to see all the A1 traffic parked at airports, I found it caused the flightsim to take ages in loading. I remember un-installing it once and what a huge difference in loading times. I've now got early release Traffic Global and that doesn't seem to have any effect on loading times as it installs outside of P3D. As someone has already mentioned it's still in the development stage and is getting better with every update. I changed from MyTraffic for a couple of reasons; 1. The loading times, and 2. MyTraffic is an old program developed long before P3D. Traffic Global is a modern program.

Recommendation: Go for Traffic Global.

Bruce R

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I need to check this Global Traffic as well, how it compares to UTL. :)

I must say that the problem with AI solutions I have tried have not so much been the commercial traffic but the GA and military. In areas which Orbx traffic addons populate that is not so much the problem but for the rest of the world it is to me.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”