Will you ever develop modern-ish twin props ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Will you ever develop modern-ish twin props ?

Post by scottb613 »

AKar wrote:
I've not done the Andes yet, but have crossed the Rockies several times with Comanche and Bonanza. I haven't climbed higher than 9500 ft on those trips, and mostly did 6500 ft to 8500 ft. 8)

-Esa
Yeah - that’s the fun of it - plan your route of flight as you would a real world flight - with all the inherent limitations - sorry - I’m not flying at FL180 in an unpressurized single engine piston... I understand - some may want an option and that’s all good... None of the A2A GA birds have a turbo to make those altitudes more practical...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Will you ever develop modern-ish twin props ?

Post by MarcE »

Nick - A2A wrote:
MarcE wrote:I would really love to see A2A to turn the hypoxia off for the GA fleet.
Marc - do you happen to own a registered copy of FSUIPC?

Thanks,
Nick
yup...

Some nasty advice here? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

scottb613 wrote:
AKar wrote:
I've not done the Andes yet, but have crossed the Rockies several times with Comanche and Bonanza. I haven't climbed higher than 9500 ft on those trips, and mostly did 6500 ft to 8500 ft. 8)

-Esa
Yeah - that’s the fun of it - plan your route of flight as you would a real world flight - with all the inherent limitations - sorry - I’m not flying at FL180 in an unpressurized single engine piston... I understand - some may want an option and that’s all good... None of the A2A GA birds have a turbo to make those altitudes more practical...

Regards,
Scott
Pretty true, I guess.. But where's the fun (not to offend anyone) in having the possibility to really get the last reserve out of an accusimed airplane and not to do it? :D I've never had any engine trouble as I preflight every time, run my engine well inside their limits.. but I think it would give me some nice experience to really get everything out of those engines.. Try out what is actually possible with or without full tanks.. Anyone can bring a 737 to FL410. But how high can I fly the accusimed Bonanza or the carburated Comanche?

There's a video on YT from Guido Warnecke flying a turbo 182 up the I think FL190.. I do want to try things like that xD

I fully agree, if you plan a realistic flight picking up your girlfriend in Seattle and bring her to Aspen for a weekend on Skis you wont torture her if you still want to have fun at the après ski party. :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

MarcE wrote:Some nasty advice here? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah, check out this topic if you're interested in adding a 'cheating oxygen supply' using FSUIPC.

A couple of years ago (and before I was hired by A2A I should add) I suggested a small Lua script based on regular requests to be able to 'turn off' the hypoxia effect. You're welcome to give it a try if you want to experiment with some higher altitude stuff. :)

Thanks,
Nick

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

:?:
Nick - A2A wrote:
MarcE wrote:Some nasty advice here? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah, check out this topic if you're interested in adding a 'cheating oxygen supply' using FSUIPC.

A couple of years ago (and before I was hired by A2A I should add) I suggested a small Lua script based on regular requests to be able to 'turn off' the hypoxia effect. You're welcome to give it a try if you want to experiment with some higher altitude stuff. :)

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks a lot, I‘m going to try it tomorrow :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”