Those accusim moments....

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Those accusim moments....

Post by Alfredson007 »

Doing a VOR approach with Bonanza in full IMC conditions... lots of things happening, i've just done a descenting turn and starting to config the plane for approach prior to Final approach fix, i am in a horry, bleeding speed off, lowering gear and immediately lowering flaps to 10, simulateosly i am coming to FAF and starting the descent and i notice that my plane has gone craaaazzyyyyy.... whaaat is happeniing... disconnect the AP, plane is out of control until i figure out that my right flap is still 0 while left is 10.

I almost never pre-flight my planes, and i avoid going to hangar, and this is why. i LOVE when i have absolutely no clue what is going on, and figuring things out on emergency. (Btw can we have the inspect plane button for other GA planes as well so that the planes are not automatically inspected.)

Lesson's learned: always be aware of planes attitude, always, when lowering flaps, pay attenttion how the plane behaves and be ready to rise the flaps. This is actually something my friend told me when he was getting his IR/ME/CPL training IRL.

I still wish that we could have an option for faster wear and tear, like the B17 had. (TBH 300 / 1200). These things happen waayy too rarely. And if i choose a used plane, i always fly it like it was broken, so nothing surprises me...

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Those accusim moments....

Post by n421nj »

I’m pretty sure the lesson to be learned should be ALWAYS preflight your airplane especially in real life. Lol. I understand why you don’t I too love it when the unexpected happens in the sim.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”