looking for a new add-on

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crashxpert
Airman

looking for a new add-on

Post by crashxpert »

Im running p3dv4 and other than active sky and a2a its stock. So I'm trying to figure out what to get next...
When i was running FSX i had Orbx southern Alaska and had mixed thoughts. I ran into issues where runways that i used a lot I couldnt use anymore because half of runways were now under hills and ground textures and low altitudes didn't look much better just more stuff like trees and buildings and stuff. So I wasn't sure on Orbx plus they don't really have anything for Wisconsin which is where I do most of my flying.

I was also looking into flight 1 or reality xp gtn 750. I can't stand the default planner in p3d and like the idea of loading a flight plan right in the cockpit.

Looking around for aircraft that I might like but A2A broke me and now all other aircraft just don't seem real enough. PMDG stuff looks real enough but I'm not ready to move up to jets yet.

Anyone have and recommendations for add-ons that enhance the realism of the sim or just make it look better?

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Re: looking for a new add-on

Post by Chunk »

I have a ton of ORBX stuff and it works great, but I also love in the PNW, which is fully covered. If you didn’t want to go with scenery, I can HIGHLY recommend the GTN 650/750 package from Flight1.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

The TrackIR head tracking system will make it a whole new sim, and it affects every aircraft you already own and every one you have yet to buy. I tell people TrackIR will add more to flight simming than anything other than a joystick. It will also work with many other types of sims. TrackIR will take even the simplest aircraft you fly to a whole new level and you won't believe what it will do for the more complex ones. From the Piper Cub to the Stratocruiser.

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Or, you could go with full Virtual Reality. :)

Hook

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

You might try running the ORBX elevation correction tool for that runway problem. It's in the Vector menu. Here's a short YouTube video that shows how to find it. I run it whenever I've added or changed scenery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9dSXjqw7iY. Maybe you just need to run it in default mode, or maybe you need to add, or delete the corrections to the airport in question. ORBX has a bunch of freeware airports: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 514403&z=6. There are a few in Wisconsin.

I've got tons of ORBX scenery, AS4, and A2A's Bonanza, P-51Civ, Spitfire, T-6, Comanche, and the Connie, all in P3Dv4. Only non-A2A airplane I fly is the MJ C-47. Thinking about either TrackIR or the Flight1 GTN 650/750.

Another thing to consider is to check out our Sunday multiplayer flights. Check out the MP subforum and you'll see what we've been doing. Here is a summary of how to get started: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 79&t=63659.

Seeya
ATB

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Orbx Ftx global will make land look great. Utx will add roads where they should be so you can use them for pilotage. Gtn 650/750 is a great addon to replace the default gps. It has a bunch of other great functions. Old prop precipitfx add great contrails and smoke effects. Active sky is a great weather addon. As for aircraft I highly recommend the majestic dash 8 q400 it’s a slight step up from GA but not as automated as PMDG.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”