Saitek X52 Pro Controller

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
ockwellk
Airman

Saitek X52 Pro Controller

Post by ockwellk »

Hi Just wondered if anybody can help.

I have a problem with the throttle axis as it will only go down to 39% when fully pulled back and 61% when fully forward. I'm using P3d 4.3 and have run calibration in the sim and in windows 7.

Can anybody help or advise

Thanks

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Saitek X52 Pro Controller

Post by Alan_A »

Have you checked your sensitivities? On the P3D calibration screen for the X52 throttle, have a look at the sensitivity and null zone settings for the throttle axis. It should be set at maximum sensitivity and minimum null. Anything less than that can lead to reduced percentage of travel of the kind you’re seeing. For this to work, your relalism sliders also need to be set to maximum - full right.

Also make sure that there isn’t a separate throttle axis assigned on any of your controllers. p3D will sometimes set them up on its own, for example when you disconnect and reconnect controllers. A conflict between two throttle axes could lead to issues - though I’d look at the sensitivity settings first.

Let us know if either of those adjustments has any effect.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

ockwellk
Airman

Post by ockwellk »

Hi, Thanks for the advice. It did not solve the problem, but it did lead me to find a solution.

I changed the configuration in P3d from RAW INPUT to DIRECT INPUT chich cleared all the mappings and threw up the windows generic calibration for x52 pro and the throttle worked.

Then I applied the sensitivities as you advised which made the operation a lot smother. So changing the input must have cleared the throttle conflicts.

All working now so thanks for the advice.

Ken

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

I had to start up the sim and take a look because I've never once used the raw/direct input toggle, and I'm not entirely sure what it does. But I think you're right, resetting to default probably cleared whatever was going on.

P3D is a mystery.

But I'm glad you got it solved.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”