Install Repaints

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DONKEYS
Airman

Install Repaints

Post by DONKEYS »

Just purchased the new Bonanza and want some new repaints. Any instructions on how to do so?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Install Repaints

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Just download the chosen paint.zip when you unzip you should have a texture file and an aircraft section for that aircraft , that is added to your aircraft.cfg file useing notepad , you should get a readme file , but not always.
regards alan. 8)

DONKEYS
Airman

Post by DONKEYS »

Im confused as where to put the texture folder. And am I replacing one of the stock paints or adding a new one?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Each texture folder as a different name to the original , so you are adding an aircraft texture to the existing aircraft textures, you just copy the new aircraft texture and paste into the A2A Bonanza aircraft folder, then edit the aircraft.cfg file in notepad to add the new texture section to the cfg file , so your sim sees it.
It is easy to do , and most repaints come with instructions as to the install proceedure.
regards alan. 8)

DONKEYS
Airman

Post by DONKEYS »

Is there any link to where I can get detailed instructions? I'm not even sure where the folder is located in P3D. Also, I'm still unclear as to whether It would replace the existing liveries or adding additional.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Google it and you will find many examples like this one

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... OWfVQLydEU

Cheers Chris

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I am gradually marching toward P3D with installation this winter when the weather is too rainy and cold for rc flying.

I have installed a lot of repaints in FSX. One question to which I have not seen an answer is how different is the repaint install procedure in P3D vs. FSX?

Any info would be much appreciated.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”