Have You Developed Your Own Version of True Glass ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Have You Developed Your Own Version of True Glass ?

Post by Gabe777 »

Looking at the recent Youtoob video..... it looks as though you now have pretty amazing rain effects on the Bonanza V.

I am guessing it is not TFDi TrueGlass, as (1) you don't mention it in the promo descriptions, and (2) IT LOOKS A LOT BETTER !!,

SO, is this your own creation, and if so..... WILL you extend it to other aircraft ?

:o :D :D
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Have You Developed Your Own Version of True Glass ?

Post by AKar »

Yea, it seems that the developers go their own ways in what P3D can offer. :) For glass effects we already have at least TFDi's TrueGlass, the excellent FSLabs depiction and it seems A2A's one as well - probably many others I've forgotten.

-Esa

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

AKar wrote:Yea, it seems that the developers go their own ways in what P3D can offer. :) For glass effects we already have at least TFDi's TrueGlass, the excellent FSLabs depiction and it seems A2A's one as well - probably many others I've forgotten.

-Esa
Looking good for us !

The rain on the screen in the Bonanza looks 3 dimensional..... I know we don't like comparisons, but I'm blown away at how great it looks.

Just need to nail night lighting now..... I hate the blotchy colour banding we cannot avoid..... still ! When you have a 10 bit colour 2K monitor and a 1080 GPU, you really don't want to see this banding and blotchiness.... unfortunately, I'm not sure it will ever be cured, as it seems to inherent to the P3D engine.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Yes, that's our own effect developed in house. Thanks to new SDK features introduced in Prepar3D this can now be made with no negative impact on performance.

Obviously we plan to add it to other aircraft in future updates, no ETA though. Bonanza is the first step to test it in the public and gather feedback.
Michael Krawczyk

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Hi Michael.

Fabulous news. Didn't think your aircraft simulations could get any better. My wife hates you.... my bank manager loves you. So does Just Flight where I buy all stuff from !

What about Real Light ? Having seen a few images, the improvement regarding colour banding is immense. I guess it involves increasing prices with licensing costs, but your aircraft deserve it, and all of us would probably pay the extra.

Sorry if I sound pushy... just my 2 cents !

Hurry with the Big V ..... getting impatient... :wink:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We approached TDI as they license their effect, and the price was just too high, so we made our own. I'm glad we did as we were able to do so much more, not only with the visuals but especially in terms of bringing it into the physics engine.

Whenever I start a real airplane either in the rain of after it's rained, it's always cool to clear the windshield with the prop. Now we can do this in the simulation :)

And Some1 and Empeck were the talented minds behind this. Watching them work together, one on physics and the other on artwork, was great. It was a true result that could only happen when two people work together on a single goal.

My small role in it was the rain sounds (from light to heavy and everything in between). This is from me watching for storms on radar and running out to the airport just before a rain storm hit. It took two weeks to get these sounds.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Does this hint at older accusim aircraft getting feature updates sometime in the future? I would be ecstatic if so.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

some1 - A2A wrote:Obviously we plan to add it to other aircraft in future updates, no ETA though. Bonanza is the first step to test it in the public and gather feedback.
:)
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jcap
Airman

Post by Jcap »

Scott - A2A wrote:We approached TDI as they license their effect, and the price was just too high, so we made our own. I'm glad we did as we were able to do so much more, not only with the visuals but especially in terms of bringing it into the physics engine.

Whenever I start a real airplane either in the rain of after it's rained, it's always cool to clear the windshield with the prop. Now we can do this in the simulation :)

And Some1 and Empeck were the talented minds behind this. Watching them work together, one on physics and the other on artwork, was great. It was a true result that could only happen when two people work together on a single goal.

My small role in it was the rain sounds (from light to heavy and everything in between). This is from me watching for storms on radar and running out to the airport just before a rain storm hit. It took two weeks to get these sounds.

Scott.
Glad i'm not the only one who still gets kick out of it!

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Scott - A2A wrote:
some1 - A2A wrote:Obviously we plan to add it to other aircraft in future updates, no ETA though. Bonanza is the first step to test it in the public and gather feedback.
:)
Hehe.... I like sly smiles !

I just watched a 2 hour YouTube stream with the Bonanza V ..... lighting and rain effects look very nice indeed.

Just hoping when I run mine on my 32" LCD 2K screen, it looks as nice as it did on my 10 inch OLED tablet, and doesn't have too much in the way of colour banding.

But, as Peter said in the stream, A2A is constantly evolving, so I am confident that just as you created your own AccuRAIN .... (yes, all me !), you will probably nail the AccuLighting, as well !

.... and to make us all very happy pretend pilots, retrofit every Accusim aircraft forthwith !!!!!

Cheers Scott.

P.S nice to see "The Boss" come into the playground and talk to us. Don't always find that.

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

News keeps getting better and better, cuz I still ♥ my Skylane and Comanche, too! \o/

BrianV
Airman

Post by BrianV »

I also want to add my congratulations to you all at A2A. The new Bonanza, and the new rain effects, are just awesome. Hopefully, we will see this in future updates to your existing fleet as it adds so much more realism when flying in rainy weather. And the sounds, real sounds, you have added make it so real. A2A is in a league of its own. Still have to try to explore snow in winter to see how this compares, but I am very very happy with the Bonanza. Great product!

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Scott - A2A wrote:We approached TDI as they license their effect, and the price was just too high, so we made our own. I'm glad we did as we were able to do so much more, not only with the visuals but especially in terms of bringing it into the physics engine.

Scott.
Madness...in a good sense. :mrgreen:
Cheers!/Andreas

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Awesome to hear. I bet tfdi will be kicking themselves for not lowering their price. And we the customers win because A2a rain looks better.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

I agree.

They need to get a basic Economics text book.

1000 x 50 cents per month, or zero x 5000 dollars... ?

Tell 'em to look up ' Price Elasticity of Demand '.

I mean what better way to get publicity than having it in an A2A simulation ? Then everyone sees it, uses it in their addons, and away they go.

All Tfdi can do now is include it in their own aircraft, and how many do they bring out ? One every 3 years ?

Yup, they dropped the ball, by pricing themselves out of the market. Now it's too late, as other developers will think, if A2A can do it, so can we...... they should have gone with a "price it low, stack it high" strategy.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”