Is The Bonanza Usually Carbureted?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
RageShade1
Staff Sergeant

Is The Bonanza Usually Carbureted?

Post by RageShade1 »

So ive noticed the 300hp version has a carbureted engine. Though in the manual it stated the lower power version is a fuel injected 6 cylinder, I don't see a carb heat control anywhere for carb icing either. Just something i wondered about. I did notice it starts very easy in cold weather compared to my other carbed aircraft, (Comanche and Piper 180 in FSX HATE the cold) Even turning the temperature down to un realistic levels like -80F i could get it to pop right off with around 8-9 seconds of prime. Also i noticed that the oil pressure really dosn't get that high, At freezing -50F+ temps with around 6.5 quarts of dirty 100w oil its at around 65-66psi on startup at 1000rpm. and around 30-33psi warmed up. Just thought it would be much higher then that at that temperature with 100w oil. As i pretty much turned that 100w into a solid brick haha. All the other A2A planes seem to almost peg or completely peg the oil pressure gauge at that temp on a cold start.

Jarek
Senior Airman

Re: Is The Bonanza Usually Carbureted?

Post by Jarek »

Hi, Mechanical fuel injection system is used in both 520 and 550 engines. Please see this thread: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 39&t=65290

Jarek

RageShade1
Staff Sergeant

Re: Is The Bonanza Usually Carbureted?

Post by RageShade1 »

Ahh awesome :) Thanks for the info

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”