VIDEO: Kermit Weeks - Martin Hawaii Mars

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Neon
Technical Sergeant

VIDEO: Kermit Weeks - Martin Hawaii Mars

Post by Neon »

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: VIDEO: Kermit Weeks - Martin Hawaii Mars

Post by Lewis - A2A »

NICE :)

Thanks for posting 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

There you go Scott,,,next project :)
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

What a monster!
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Great video. Man that flight must have been awesome. I don’t want to know what that gas bill was though :shock: ! I’m glad Kermit Weeks decided to release this after all since I seem to remember it was at first only to be released if his book got a certain number of votes or support or something.

Thanks for posting the link!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

There is really something cool in these big sea planes that get my attention. Wonder how it handles, probably takes some specific set of mind to control through its paces.

-Esa

thomas_mac
Senior Airman

Post by thomas_mac »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Great video. Man that flight must have been awesome. I don’t want to know what that gas bill was though :shock: ! I’m glad Kermit Weeks decided to release this after all since I seem to remember it was at first only to be released if his book got a certain number of votes or support or something.
Thanks for posting the link!
I believe he was crowd funding a project and then later released a 3 part walk thru of the Mars for $1.99 each. Money well spent for such an in depth look at a unique airplane.
Anyone else notice the oil slicks on the water under each engine when they leave the airplane once they had made it to Oshkosh? Would love to know the logistics of a 9 hour flight as far as oil and fuel go!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I came across the first of the three part series a few months ago. Segment one is here: https://youtu.be/snFZgLi5Pqg

Two and three I would think would follow naturally after watching each in sequence.

Incredibly fascinating videos, though and it really gets me fired up for A2A to do another vintage multi-engine radial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

thomas_mac wrote: I believe he was crowd funding a project and then later released a 3 part walk thru of the Mars for $1.99 each. Money well spent for such an in depth look at a unique airplane.
Yes that sounds right. Thanks for clarifying.
thomas_mac wrote: Anyone else notice the oil slicks on the water under each engine when they leave the airplane once they had made it to Oshkosh? Would love to know the logistics of a 9 hour flight as far as oil and fuel go!
Yes I noticed that too. Crazy if you consider modern day environment protection laws
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Finally had time to watch all 3 parts. Awesome, one of Kermit's best videos yet.
Thanks for posting.
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”