Give multi-player a try!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Give multi-player a try!

Post by Paughco »

Guys: We had another great flight today! Ratty planned out an interesting flight around Portugal, and posted it here: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 79&t=64710. We took off at about 2000 local time. We've always said that any aircraft is perfectly welcome, but I believe that the A2A T-6 makes an especially good group flight airplane. One thing for sure, it sure isn't very fast!

These flights are extremely casual. No radio procedures, no hassles, no check rides. If you can fly a flight sim airplane, you can fly with us. One of the guys today didn't have a mic, so I don't know if he was on our radio channel or not. But man, that guy sure could fly in formation!

I totally cheat. I do my flying on my main computer, and have my little MS Surface Pro synched to my sim through LNV connect, which means I can track our progress via a "God's eye view" on Little Nav Map on the small machine. That's how I saw our radio-less guy about two miles back. We did a 360 and formed on him ("Formed" and "formation" are very loose terms when it comes to my personal abilities in that area).

I have attempted to describe how to use JoinFS and Discord to fly in MP flights: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 79&t=63659. It's pretty easy, especially compared to some of the MP procedures that I've read on other sites. I'd like to participate in the Berlin Airlift flights done by DC-3 Airways, for example, but I just can't get through the downloads, procedures, etc. Too much.

OK - hopefully you are interested. Please read the "how to" in the link above. Then go ahead and try it on your own, even though nobody else is there. Log on to the Skypark, then get on to MP Flying Chat 1 on Discord (if you have a mic and headset, or don't sweat it if you don't - maybe it'll work over your regular speakers). Fly around. See? It's easy peasy!

What about next week? Please check out https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 79&t=64736. I will lead a flight from my home base, Arlington Airport, up to a full-stop landing at Darrington for a piece of the best virtual fried chicken you will ever have. Then we will proceed to hop around with many touch and goes at some of my favorite spots in the Pugetropolis area, ending up at Orcas in the San Juans.

I had to miss the July 22 flight, but that's OK, because I was on a great motorcycle ride to the annual rally of the Washington State BMW Riders. I was riding home over the North Cascade Highway on my S1000XR when our 7/22 flight took place. Here's my IRL sled:

Seeya
ATB

bmbrzmn101
Staff Sergeant

Re: Give multi-player a try!

Post by bmbrzmn101 »

I was the no mic guy. I could hear you and Ratty just fine, just have no clue why my mic isn't working. I may get a new headset and try.
BTW, It is pronounced like bombersmoon. Lol

But the flights are fun! I enjoy the informalness(is that a word?) about it. Listening to you two was a hoot. My early to mid twenties was spent wasting my time with some guys flying warbirds in airshows. Loved it and miss it and those guys dearly. I got to fly in T-6's frequently, along with some Stearman, BT-13,PT-19,C-45 and A-26C to name a few. The Stearman and T-6 were my most frequent and loved flights. So in my mind while flying some of these MP sorties I might be back in time with my childhood mates.

Come on out and enjoy the fun, you will be back for more.

I would love to do an online mission with the C-47 dropping paratroopers in Holland someday. Talk about a slow flight....

Chris

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by bmbrzmn101 on 29 Jul 2018, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
The voices in your head will quieten down when you begin listening to them!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hey Chris, have you mapped a hot key or controller button to your mic through Discord? If so, and if it was successful, every time you press the hot key, the small radio button next to your name will illuminate. Do you see this happening at all?

I’ve come close to joining in but something always seems to come up last minute, which is beyond frustrating! I’m optimistic that one day it will happen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bmbrzmn101
Staff Sergeant

Post by bmbrzmn101 »

Jaques, I was trying to use an open mike, not a hot key setup. I will try that and select a button on my joystick and try that maybe. Thanks, Chris

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

That could be the answer! Beautiful screenshots as well. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bmbrzmn101
Staff Sergeant

Post by bmbrzmn101 »

Thanks!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Chris: First thing I do before a MP flight is do a restart on my computer, just to clean up any potential weirdness due to iTunes, etc. Then I start JoinFS, followed by Discord. Next, I put on my headphones, then click on MP Flying Chat 1 on the left column of the Discord screen. Then I fold out my boom mic and tap it to see if I get a little green circle around my icon. This circle should appear whenever I talk into the mic. Then I start Active Sky and then P3D.

I'd like a C-47 paratrooper flight in Holland also. Ever heard of Operation Chowhound? I read this book a couple months ago: https://www.amazon.com/Operation-Chowho ... 113727963X.
Image.

Looks like this scenario would work with either a B-17 or a C-47.

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

A worthy bump 8) 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”