Cherokee 180 Performance Calculator App

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

Cherokee 180 Performance Calculator App

Post by crippy »

Hi all,
It has been quite a while since I've posted anything, however a while back I made this performance calculator for the Cherokee 180. I had intentions of making it more polished however I ran out of time.

Instead of just letting it die, I figured I might as well put it up here. Basically I took the performance calculations from the A2A 180 manual, and put it into an app. You can enter the Altimeter, Field elevation, and outside air temp, hit calculate and instead of having to calculate the pressure and density altitude it does it for you. It then takes that information, and gives you the suggested takeoff distance required and landing distance required -- An important feat for the dog days of summer, however they are starting to end now.

A couple of things to note:
  • I could never figure out the digital signatures on "publish" so your antivirus may jump out at you. Mine did this the first time I ran it, however it has stopped once it realized the app was okay.

I think you need the .NET packages installed on your computer. I think at least up to .NET 4.0? (Can't remember). And it is only recommended on Windows. https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/ ... rk-runtime

The weather function works at virtually all airports to DISPLAY, however the auto fill functionality I know for sure does not work in Australia and Germany(?) due to the way they report their temperatures and altitudes. My "Algorithm" parses the metar in more of a "us" standard.

I am very excited to hear what bugs may be reported, however I do work during the week so any support will probably sparse :)
If you would like to see the source code, feel free to send me a P.M. I am not against letting others experiment and just have a copy, it's nothing earth shattering (Was a practice app).

Link for download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ul0uf ... ZjJOQ2MBtk

Thanks,

Chris
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Re: Cherokee 180 Performance Calculator App

Post by ClipperLuna »

You did all this yourself? Fantastic work! I may use it; I still fly the Cherokee fairly often. Don't know what it is about this little plane. There's just something special about it that keeps me coming back.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Re: Cherokee 180 Performance Calculator App

Post by crippy »

ClipperLuna wrote:You did all this yourself? Fantastic work! I may use it; I still fly the Cherokee fairly often. Don't know what it is about this little plane. There's just something special about it that keeps me coming back.
Yep! I had some free time after college graduation, and decided to keep my "chops sharp" while job searching. I really appreciate it! I had intentions of making tabs for different aircraft, pictures, etc but ran out of time. Those may eventually trickle out but who knows :)

I agree, of all the A2A aircraft I have, the Cherokee is still my go to. It's just that perfect old school cluster look, and perfect for pattern work and longer flights too. The Comanche, and I suspect the Bonanza is a bit much for me to handle in training / pattern ops.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”