Sound setting in PP3d 4.2

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Sound setting in PP3d 4.2

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Hi everyone,
I have had an annoying problem since moving to pp3d.
I use a USB headset for all sounds from my computer. In fact, I do not have any external speakers connected.
I also fly A2A aircraft exclusively.

I have found that the AI sounds are so loud that they drown out the engine sound of the user aircraft. It becomes worst when I activate the 'A2A headphones',
which is actually the time I would expect the AI sounds to be more muted. I have tried playing around with the PP3d sound sliders as well as the A2A volume setting but just cannot find a happy medium. I just cannot find which slider turns down the AI engine sounds. I have tried all the PP3d sound sliders but it seems none of the sliders actually changes the Ai engine sounds.

Is there a config setting that I can adjust?
Can anyone here with a similar setup share the PP3d and A2A sound setting?

I have lived with this anomaly for a long time, and it's not a show stopper, but I finally have the simulator running fairly stable now and so thought it might be time to try 'fixing' this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Robin.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Re: Sound setting in PP3d 4.2

Post by TymK »

Hi Robin,

The volume of AI aircraft engines is controlled by the "Engines" slider on the "Sound" tab. With recent AccuSim aircraft, you can safely reduce it as the A2A engine sounds are played independently through OpenAL.

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Re: Sound setting in PP3d 4.2

Post by Romeo_Tango »

TymK wrote:Hi Robin,

The volume of AI aircraft engines is controlled by the "Engines" slider on the "Sound" tab. With recent AccuSim aircraft, you can safely reduce it as the A2A engine sounds are played independently through OpenAL.

Thank you.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”