Spitfire??

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Re: Spitfire??

Post by BrettT »

Just curious, have there been any updates to the Spitfire as it was brought up to P3DV4 or is this a direct port into V4 making the necessary changes to get everything working properly.

Looking forward to relearning this beautiful bird

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

It's more scary. And it has a proper rear view mirror.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Interesting question though that I was also considering asking. Mirror aside, (which I used to do my elevator control check!) what else has been added or changed?

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Last edited by Marvin-E34 on 06 Jun 2018, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

The cockpit flood lights can be independently turned off, and the left light can be pulled out/turned to light up different areas of the instrument panel. The light reflections as you pan across look great. Seems to me there are a few slight changes that are hard to point out but have a big effect on the experience.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Love it so far but noticed she is a little harder on frames then her predecessor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Mikenor wrote:Love it so far but noticed she is a little harder on frames then her predecessor.
Seems to be about 8-10 fps lower than the rest of the P3Dv4 fleet just sitting on the runway. I figured it would be higher, a little disappointing. I just lost ailerons on my X52, so I won't be flying anytime soon. Dangit!
Last edited by patful on 05 Jun 2018, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Mike P- A2A, mentioned the the render to texture for the mirror could be hard on frames and can be turned off if needed. (Assuming of course you have enabled the mirror and that might be why your frames are lower!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Jacques wrote:Mike P- A2A, mentioned the the render to texture for the mirror could be hard on frames and can be turned off if needed. (Assuming of course you have enabled the mirror and that might be why your frames are lower!)
I thought of that when I noticed the FPS difference. The frame rate didn't change when I switched canopies (no mirror). Also, when I panned up to look in the mirror, the frame rate increased. I checked to make sure I didn't have the cockpit light on in the daytime. I didn't.

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Merci Jacques! Didn't know... I'll try turning it off when I have time to take her back up later today. I'm still getting frames in the 40's with the mirror activated, but find not as smooth panning with trackir.

Mike

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I too will confirm that the mirror with all the bells and whistles makes flying it nigh on impossible. I ended up with just the mirror being enabled. The oother bits are off. I think the weather aspect is the killer.

Anyone find it a little more tricky to land? It's been a long while since I flew the FSX version, so it could well be me being a bit rusty...
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Okay, I disabled the mirror entirely in the configurator, and frame rates are now better than the other P3Dv4 aircraft. Whew! Still find it odd that changing the canopy/mirror in the hangar had no effect.

Beautiful aircraft, A2A. Thanks! Time to read the manual more thoroughly. And yes, Ron, I did find it tricky to land when my ailerons went out...all kinds of tricky. An overhaul is in order. Who wants to buy me a new joystick?

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I had some stuttering every 2 seconds at first, so I turned the mirror off and fiddled with my SLI settings in nVidia Inspector and its fine now. Not sure which fixed it so more testing to come.

She seems to handle just as nice, but more fluid I think. Take-off and landing were, more responsive it seems to me. Definitely a change though and a nice one.

Here's what greeted me after I got back. Haven't seen that before. Nothing to do with the Spit. of course.:lol:

Steve.

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

I picked it up yesterday afternoon. I did notice the performance concern and will definitely explore the mirror options some more....so thanks for the heads up on that!

Flying and landing it seemed pretty easy to me, easier than the Texan in my opinion. Overall I found it a very easy plane to handle, land and take off with.

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

Are there any changes to the manual, or can I use the old one for FSX?

Stew

Edit to add: Ok, never mind. They appear to be the same, after a brief look through.
ImageImage Image

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”