"ATC Disabled .... No electric"

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
rod55
Staff Sergeant

"ATC Disabled .... No electric"

Post by rod55 »

Hi Pilots

Anyone out here who can help me; I believe this is fairly easily solvable.

(since new installing my A2A planes a couple of days ago; with F1 GTN 650-750 in background and selected as my GPS preference) I can't get the ATC to open, and give me instructions ….)

On all planes the ATC is titled "ATC Disabled. No electric." i went to A2A Comanche aircraft config and selected the Default GPS rather than GTN......BUT still got the same ATC Disabled message.

I'm sure I've seen/had this problem in the dim 'n distant AND solved it; but i cannot now remember how!

Got to hit the sack now ….(still managing the ongoing consequences of knee op) …… back early tomorr morn

In advance, thanks Pilots

Rod

(I'm praying that the solution doesn't involve F1 GTN; I have experienced convoluted procedures there)

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Re: "ATC Disabled .... No electric"

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Have you switched on the master and avionics master switches?

Robin
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

I had an issue like that recently, turned out to be a failure in the radio stack.

Try this. Go to the top menu bar, Vehicle, Failures and "RESET ALL".

See if that works.

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

Could you have clicked on a fuse by mistake?

Corkery
Airman First Class

Post by Corkery »

You don't mention what Sim you are using but if it's P3D 4.2 then this may be relevant?

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 8dd61d9688

It's been acknowledged and will be fixed in the next update. If it's FSX use Shift 6 and make sure the radios are on using that dialog.
Cheers
Tony C
Rig: Intel i7 4790 @4.4Ghz 32gb 2133Mhz RAM; OS (Win 7 Prof 64); Nvidia TITAN xp and FSX + P3DV4 on SSDs.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Tony
Thank you for your message and link which I've printed.

yup I've got p3dv4.2 and its been working fine until yesterday!?!?

Above 3 suggestions didn't correct my problem (checking master & avionics switches, looking for a fuse out, Top Menu selecting Vehicle/Failures/RESET ALL.

Forgive me for being so simple BUT when you say "it will be fixed in the next update": does that fix/update just happen automatically OR is there anything i must do to get the fix/update to happen OR do you mean i have to wait till P3D v4.3

What do you all think?

Rod
EGBB

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

But it shouldn‘t be too long until its release.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Thanks Marc

Rod
EGBB

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

I had a problem kind of like this, though it affected every plane in P3D (not just the A2A ones) and I don't remember if my ATC window said anything about no electric. The problem had something to do with my default flight. I *think* I deleted the default flight (the one that starts in Eglin in the F-22), opened P3D, switched aircraft to the stock Carenado Bonanza, saved that as the new default, closed P3D, started it again and everything was fine. Not sure what if anything switching the aircraft had to do with it but it worked. I think the same thread Corkery posted is what helped me fix it.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

With all credit to fellow Pilot 'Pivot', I'm fixed: The ATC now works normally throughout flight ; 3 out of 3 separate flights.

Magic spell=

1. Users/…./AppData/Roaming/…./….. and Delete Prep3D.cfg

2. Re-start P3D

(3. select 'n save a P3D default plane (Bonanza, of course) and location)

(4. top menu/Options/General and choose yer settings e.g. Water = Ultra. Save)

I dont know if this is a Temp workaround and whether there is still a lingering P3D V4.2 bug to trigger 'ATC Disabled No electric'.

But that worked, if it's of interest to other pilots out there.

Rod
EGBB

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

I tried all the fixes but none worked accept the default flight fix. And that didn't work for long. I used the Bonanza but every other sim start or so I was needing to delete it and build a new one. I finally just reverted to the F22 as my default and have not had an issue sense. I'm really temped to try the Bonanza again but we'll see.

Glad you have it working, hope it sticks.

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Thanks Roger for giving me an alternative variation (F22) on the theme of deleting P3D.cfg and re-start at default.

Corkery and MarcE above are absolutely correct that this will be fixed on next release of P3Dv4; confirmed by a reply I've received from Lockheed Martin staff.

Rod
EGBB (sunny side up) Watch out! It's gonna be a Spitfire.

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Hello,

As you I got the ATC window greyed out and empty unusable without the mention No electric using the A2A C172 trainer selected in the first place on the first launch P3D interface. Like some others I restarted P3D with the default F22 plane at the default runway location with the ATC working, changed to a Bonanza type then saved with the same default name checking the default box to be the default flight, closed P3D then restarted it and bammm ATC was working again with the A2A plane.

I believe if we wish to get a working ATC the process is to let the default flight starting then move or change for another preferred aircraft.

However P3D staff is working on this known issue. If I remember well there was something similar bug with FSX where we were adviced to don't save as default flight a A2A airplane but leaving the default FSX Cessna as default plane/flight. I can be wrong but this bug seems persistent and bring some strange behavior and here impact the ATC function. But this could come from another issue it is just a presumption of my mind.

Cheers
Gerard

Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub
FSX SE : C172R Trainer/C182/Piper J3 Cub/L049 Connie

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Speaking of Prepar3D v4.2 bugs... sense the latest Windows update (1803) I now have to double tap my keys to show/hide the 2D panels. And, I have to use my mouse to communicate with ATC instead of simply hitting the number keys. Am I the only one with this issue? Is it something with my system? Are others experiencing this as well?

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

WB_FlashOver wrote:Speaking of Prepar3D v4.2 bugs... sense the latest Windows update (1803) I now have to double tap my keys to show/hide the 2D panels. And, I have to use my mouse to communicate with ATC instead of simply hitting the number keys. Am I the only one with this issue? Is it something with my system? Are others experiencing this as well?

Roger
hello Roger,

It seems I don't got such issue on my side since the last Windows 10 v1801 update, but as I don't use very often my keyboard when playing P3D because my seat is a lot distant from my desk using the X52 Pro flight and a Throttle Quadrant I can't say if my keyboard is working well or not. When using the ATC window in game, I make a click mouse to converse with ATC window. But I'm going to try with the keyboard which AZERTY layout is changed for QWERTY by acting the OS functionality key combination Windows Key+Space bar.

I will throw a shoot to see what happens on my side and if you are the only one with this issue on W10 v1801.

Come back in a moment just the time I set my controllers to be operational.

Cheers

Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub
FSX SE : C172R Trainer/C182/Piper J3 Cub/L049 Connie

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”