New Installer questions

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

New Installer questions

Post by TBryson2 »

I've been noticing a lot of traffic on the forum concerning the new installers and have some concerns. On "How to update your Accu-Sim products", it "strongly recommends" us to uninstall the existing A2A products first. (I'm flying P3D v4) This brings up several questions, all of them need to be answered before I take the plunge.

1. Will my current "mileage" be intact so when I reinstall I don't get all new aircraft or will it keep the same hours on the aircraft?
2. I purchased all of my A2A aircraft through Just Flight. How will I know when their updated updaters are ready? (How exactly is this supposed to work with an "outside" vendor?)
3. Whenever there is an update to the aircraft, will I need to revisit Just Flight to get my aircraft up to date? OR is there a path to take directly to A2A?

I'm sure there's more to come, but thanks!

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: New Installer questions

Post by Oracle427 »

You won't lose your time as answered here.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=63873

Not sure about the other sites, but from my understanding the updater process goes to the A2A hosts so it doesn't matter where you originally purchased from. All that matters is when those new installers will get distributed for you to download.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi TB2,

Oracle answered Q1.
TBryson2 wrote:2. I purchased all of my A2A aircraft through Just Flight. How will I know when their updated updaters are ready? (How exactly is this supposed to work with an "outside" vendor?)
I'm sure we'll be able to post an update on the forums when the installers have been distributed to third-party retailers. It'll be several days though.
TBryson2 wrote:3. Whenever there is an update to the aircraft, will I need to revisit Just Flight to get my aircraft up to date? OR is there a path to take directly to A2A?
Once you've installed via the new installers, you'll just have to click the Start Menu shortcut as described in the pinned thread, and any available updates will be downloaded direct from A2A's servers, irrespective of where you purchased from.

We also have a backup download system in place, in case of any temporary problems with A2A's server.

Thanks,
Nick

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Thanks for the replies!

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

new reply