please re-credit me with 1 X T6

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
rod55
Staff Sergeant

please re-credit me with 1 X T6

Post by rod55 »

Hi Lewis, Nick and team

All my planes downloads have gone down 1 from 10 to 9 ....except the T6 which has 8 downloads remaining; even though I've only successfully installed one of them (with one failed attempt .... honest guv!)

Just in case that deficit comes back and bites me in the future (or somewhere unmentionable), could you please trust me and re-credit me with 1x T6 download so it reads that i have 9 remaining, like my other A2A planes.

In advance of your trust

Rod

EGBB (sunny side down)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: please re-credit me with 1 X T6

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rod,

Sorry - missed your post in the Pilot's Lounge and afraid I'm not too sure how the e-commerce system works and even if it is possible to credit you with the extra download (this system is Lewis's Baby). However, please don't worry about this as in the event you ever 'used-up' all the downloads, you could always contact us here for further support.

Having said that, it's generally a good plan to keep a local backup of downloaded A2A software so you don't have to re-download every time you wish to reinstall.

Thanks,
Nick

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Many thanks for your reply Nick.

I guess one problem with a backup is that it may become an out-of-date file version. ?? (Though I guess you could renew the backup from the next sets of new installers whenever they appear for future versions).

I confess to not being IT savvy.

As to the method for backup, when I have gone to my account 'Downloads', is there a SAVE (AS) option (for the installer) rather than a RUN (to the C:)? I cannot remember if I saw any options when I recently downloaded/ran the new installers; I was too bloomin' wide-eyed excited. (I could open a new folder on another (D:) Drive for saving backup copies (e.g. FlightSim Backups).

I feel really lucky to have a hobby that brings this emotional excitement …… judging by this Forum I am certainly not alone; guessing that Erik has not slept soundly for several weeks.... re Bo \0/.

Cheers

Rod
EGBB (thunder 'n lightnin' .... then it's gonna be a Spitfire!!)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rod,
rod321 wrote:I guess one problem with a backup is that it may become an out-of-date file version. ?? (Though I guess you could renew the backup from the next sets of new installers whenever they appear for future versions).
This shouldn't be a problem. The installers will be able to search for new updates when you run them; this is the most significant change with the new system in fact. Once we're certain that everything is working nicely with the installers on the store, we don't plan to change them any time soon.
rod321 wrote:As to the method for backup, when I have gone to my account 'Downloads', is there a SAVE (AS) option (for the installer) rather than a RUN (to the C:)?
Yes, your browser should certainly give you the option to save the downloaded zip file in your 'downloads' folder or wherever else you specify.
rod321 wrote:I feel really lucky to have a hobby that brings this emotional excitement …… judging by this Forum I am certainly not alone; guessing that Erik has not slept soundly for several weeks.... re Bo \0/.
That's great Rod, and yep, we've noticed Erik is keeping rather a close watch on things! :mrgreen: :D

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”