New Installer Issues

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: New Installer Issues

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Brett,

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Not sure what timezone you're in, but I guessing EDT. I'm in the UK, but should be on the forums today until at least 1900 EDT today. :)

Cheers,
Nick

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

I'm lost. How do I access the new installers?? :?
ImageImage Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The new installers are available from A2A's new web store stew. Please have a look at the pinned announcement here for more information on how to get your previous orders transferred onto the new store.

Thanks,
Nick

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

Thanks, Nick. I did what the pinned announcement suggested yesterday but I don't see any indication my previous orders were transferred over. In fact, I may not have made any purchases at the A2A store, now that I think of it. :oops: I'll have to check my orders at PC Aviator to make sure. If that is the case, I apologize, and will wait for any notification from them about the updated installers.

Stew
ImageImage Image

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

Nick, As a matter of fact, I have no record of purchasing the P3D versions of the C182 or the Piper Comanche from PC Aviator, so I must have purchased them from your A2A Store. This would have been back in December of 2017 according to the date of the zip files on my backups drive. Can you help sort this out, plz?
ImageImage Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Stew,

I'm afraid it's a manual process for Lewis to transfer orders over to the new store and award customers their 'A2A Flying Hours' which are a form of loyalty points. If he hasn't got to your request yet, I'm sure it won't be too much longer. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

Ah...ok. No problem. I saw that other folks had been successful with getting the new installers, so naturally thought there was something wrong with my account, if in fact it existed. I shall wait patiently in that case--there's no hurry. The C182 and the Comanche both work fine in P3Dv4, except SimStarter NG can't find them, so I have to load them into the flight manually. Suggestions elsewhere here in the forums don't seem to work for me in this regard--running v4.1, btw.
ImageImage Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey stew,

I cannot email anyone during this process but just letting the new store do it. There have been a few today that have been skipped as no old account was found or indeed no new account was found. These were skipped over so I could proceed moving accounts.

If you can check if you do have an old account by logging onto the old store you can then fill out the form again if needed. Or if still in doubt fire me your email addresses and I can check manually on the old store. I got through several hundred today and will be hitting it hard again tomorrow to just plough through them.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

Thanks, Lewis. For the record I found my old account with my previous purchases recorded there, so I'll wait for the notification that I'm good to go for the new installers. Thanks for your hard work--doing this manually can't be a lot of fun! :shock:
ImageImage Image

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

Hi Nick,

I did as you asked with regards to editing the add-ons.cfg and yes it did add the A2A reference before the object flow and re-indexed

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes its a royal PITA for sure, but in the end we get a nice new store thats a hell of a lot better for us + you guys get some discounts. It's worth the work for smiles all around :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

Just bumping this....still no luck :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Brett,

Apologies - somehow I missed your previous response in this topic. If the installer is writing that entry to the add-ons.cfg file, it indicates it's accessing the Prepar3D.exe with no trouble.

Is the error message you're seeing triggered after you click the 'install' button, or is it generated after you click the 'finish' button?

Thanks,
Nick

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

Hi Nick,

No apologies necessary. I figured that might have been the case and I do appreciate your help. The error message is triggered after clicking the install button. Usually, I will get the spinning blue circle in place of the cursor show that it is thinking then a few moments later I get the error message

Thanks,

Brett

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Brett,

I'll have to do a bit more investigation into what's going on here. To help with this, please can you navigate to the following (hidden) directory...

C:\Users\Brett\AppData\Local\Temp

...Where you should find some MSI????.log files corresponding to the failed installations, where ???? are randomly-generated characters. Please can you send a copy of one or two of these files to nick [at] a2asimulations [dot] com.

Also, you mentioned it's not uncommon for you to get an error when uninstalling the existing A2A products. Can you recall what these error messages were?

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”