How to update your Accu-Sim products

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Re: How to update your Accu-Sim products

Post by Mickel »

Silly question: for some reason I didn't install the Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\
in the default location (probably worried about marginal C:\ space, but I've found one with an UNWISE.exe file in a folder for each A/C. Is this the folder I should be removing? I'll reinstall in the default location!

Cheers

Mike
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Mickel wrote:Silly question: for some reason I didn't install the Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\
in the default location (probably worried about marginal C:\ space, but I've found one with an UNWISE.exe file in a folder for each A/C. Is this the folder I should be removing? I'll reinstall in the default location!
Hi Mike,

Yeah, the old installers leave behind those UNWISE.exe files, so it sounds like that's the correct location. You'll just want to make sure you uninstall the old products in the normal way, before you manually remove any leftovers.

As for the new installer, you can choose to install in a custom location if you wish, but please don't install in the Prepar3D v4 main directory.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

oscardelta59 wrote:Hi,

How to download the latest version if my C182 for P3d was not bought here (yep, big mistake !)

- The original was bought at FsPilot shop (Order #759535).
Then i had the P3dv4 academic, but i can't find the order and I don't remember if i paid for it (and where i've bought it) or if it was a free upgrade ...

What can i do ?

kind regards,
oliver.
Hi Oliver and welcome to the forums,

You'll just need to wait a few more days for the new P3Dv4 installer packages to be distributed to FSPilotShop and other third-party retailers. This is so we can iron out any issues with the new installers before they're more widely distributed.

If your original purchase was for P3Dv3 or earlier, the update to 64-bit P3Dv4 is free.

Thanks,
Nick

oscardelta59
Airman

Post by oscardelta59 »

Hi Nick,

Thank you. The purchased version was "A2A Simulations - C182 Skylane for P3D Academic" so I just have to wait ... Not too long I hope. My Cessna is uninstalled now ... :)

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Thanks Nick. All sorted.

Cheers

Mike
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

martin.s
Airman Basic

Post by martin.s »

Hi,

I just used the new P3Dv4 installer without any problems and I wanted to confirm that the p3dv2-3 installer for the Comanche 250 that I see in the Downloads area of the new store is still the legacy installer?

I saw the message earlier in this thread that the new installers for P3Dv4 will be rolled out first and once that process is stable, new installers for P3Dv3 will follow. So if I can see the P3Dv2-3 installer in the Downloads area of the new store, how will I know if that is the new or legacy installer for P3Dv3?

regards,
Martin

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

martin.s wrote:I just used the new P3Dv4 installer without any problems and I wanted to confirm that the p3dv2-3 installer for the Comanche 250 that I see in the Downloads area of the new store is still the legacy installer?

I saw the message earlier in this thread that the new installers for P3Dv4 will be rolled out first and once that process is stable, new installers for P3Dv3 will follow. So if I can see the P3Dv2-3 installer in the Downloads area of the new store, how will I know if that is the new or legacy installer for P3Dv3?
Hi Martin,

Yes, the P3D v2-3 installers in the new A2A store are still the original version. We'll provide an update message on the forums here when the new installers for the 32-bit versions of P3D are available. Just out of interest, do you use A2A products in both versions of P3D?

Thanks,
Nick

HighBypass
Airman First Class

Post by HighBypass »

I'm a little confused, but that doesn't take much ever since I qualified for SAGA holidays (50 plus :oops: ). I purchased the Connie via Just Flight for FSX:SE. I appear to have the latest update file from December 2017. Is that the current installer or will there be another one which will be available from Just Flight in the near future? My Connie works fine at the moment so of course if it ain't broke... However, I had to ask. 8) Thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi - if you're using FSX-SE HighBypass, there's nothing new for you to install just yet and your existing installers and updater here are still supported.

However, in the coming weeks we'll be releasing new installers for FSX products too. This is mostly to make sure that new A2A customers can easily download any updates at the point of installation.

I'm afraid the process is a bit more confusing than usual during this transition process, but if you keep an eye on the forums here, we'll do our best to advise existing customers of when new installers are available.

Thanks,
Nick

HighBypass
Airman First Class

Post by HighBypass »

Cheers Nick! I have made an account at the store too... :) 8)

martin.s
Airman Basic

Post by martin.s »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for clearing that up. I will look out for the message that the 32-bit installers are ready.

I have the Comanche 250 installed in both P3D v3 and v4 on two separate PCs. I don't use v3 very often anymore, but I keep it as a ready back-up for those times when P3D v4 needs a reinstall/version update and will be offline for a period of time.

Regards
Martin

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Cheers guys and thanks for your reply Martin. We're just curious as to what proportion of customers are sticking with 32-bit versions of P3D for some reason.

Nick

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

Are you folks still in the midst of transferring our purchases over from the old store to the store? Are we to expect some sort of notification that the transfer has been completed?
ImageImage Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I think Lewis is pretty much up-to-date with transfers stew. Are you waiting for some to go through? If so when did you submit the form?

You should receive email notification when your purchase(s) are transferred.

Thanks,
Nick

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

Hello, Nick. I seem to recall I submitted the form early last week or late the week before. It was shortly after I inquired about how to dl the new installers, if you recall? I have not received an email notification, which is why I asked. I'm still flying the C182 and the Comanche in P3Dv4, but would like to update them in order to stay current.

Edit to add: I just checked my old posts and I submitted the form last week Monday, the 21st.

Stew
ImageImage Image

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”