the most difficult plane to fly?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
cessna lover

Re: the most difficult plane to fly?

Post by cessna lover »

I don't know IF i'll even be flying at all any more. I was just in the traffic pattern and having a nice time when the game freezes then says FSX has stopped working. I go and look and I got the terrain.dll crash. and before that it was a G2D.dll crash. then the switch panel says it's program stopped working as well. I'm just gonna leave it alone. :evil:

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

cessna lover wrote:I don't know IF i'll even be flying at all any more. I was just in the traffic pattern and having a nice time when the game freezes then says FSX has stopped working. I go and look and I got the terrain.dll crash. and before that it was a G2D.dll crash. then the switch panel says it's program stopped working as well. I'm just gonna leave it alone. :evil:
Sorry you are having problems. Good luck with fixing them.
DH

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

cessna lover wrote:I don't know IF i'll even be flying at all any more. I was just in the traffic pattern and having a nice time when the game freezes then says FSX has stopped working. I go and look and I got the terrain.dll crash. and before that it was a G2D.dll crash. then the switch panel says it's program stopped working as well. I'm just gonna leave it alone. :evil:
If you wish to stay with FSX, then please do consider FSX-SE. I have an astounding 4300+ hours on the platform since I purchased in 2015 and I've had nearly seemless performance. (Yes, it tracks your hours logged in and, yes, I was more than a bit concerned by my own numbers!) :D

When something does go wrong, and that isn't very often, it is something like three clicks and the faulty file is repaired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

I don't know about that I would have to pay for the simulator again. and I have the acceleration pack. and if I did that would the A2A stuff work?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

cessna lover wrote:I don't know about that I would have to pay for the simulator again. and I have the acceleration pack. and if I did that would the A2A stuff work?
I paid £5 for my copy of FSX SE, add it to your wish list and you'll get an email when it's on sale :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Tomas Linnet wrote:
cessna lover wrote:I don't know about that I would have to pay for the simulator again. and I have the acceleration pack. and if I did that would the A2A stuff work?
I paid £5 for my copy of FSX SE, add it to your wish list and you'll get an email when it's on sale :D
Me too. I paid like 6.50€ for it. It’s not really worth thinking about it!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

yeah but like I say would the A2A stuff work? and does it have the acceleration pack? and then the steam version you would need the internet all the time. that's the way it is for another steam simulator I have.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

FSX:Steam includes the Acceleration Pack - plus, as others have noted, some additional stability fixes.

All your A2A FSX stuff will work with the FSX Steam Edition with no problems.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

the most difficult plane to fly?

Post by Jacques »

cessna lover wrote:yeah but like I say would the A2A stuff work? and does it have the acceleration pack? and then the steam version you would need the internet all the time. that's the way it is for another steam simulator I have.
A quick check on the internet confirms you can run FSX-SE offline. I never do so myself as I prefer flying with accurate and current weather.

A2A is what I fly almost exclusively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes you can fly offline with FSX:SE. Do it all the time. Works like a charme

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

would real environment extreme and ground service extreme work with it? I would also have to buy those again plus all my A2A stuff for the steam edition though wouldn't I? that's well over 600+ bucks though guys :oops:

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Alan_A wrote:Here's the second FlightChops T-6 video. Landings, this time. Already posted in the T-6 forum.

This one gets right to the heart of what we've been talking about. Steve: "...it's been 20 years of worrying about this thing." Instructor: "You've really built this thing up. You've made it seem like an insurmountable [obstacle]... it's really not a bad airplane to fly."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcPQA_Z5ufI[/youtube]
:shock: I did not know that the T-6 could actually pull it's wheels up setting on the ground. why is there no safety for that? that would be a very bad day to go wheels up just sitting there :lol:

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

ratty wrote:
cessna lover wrote:speaking of hard to fly can you fly the A2A T-6 from the back seat on FSX? I'm not 100% but I don't think one can. the view I don't think is there for it?
Yes.

It's a bit weird at first, but not that hard.

I use ChasePlane to set views. In straight FSX, you can move the eyepoint backwards with the keyboard controls, or tinker with the view settings in aircraft.cfg.
sorry I had to ask about the back seat in this I forgot all about it. I tried to taxi from the back seat. and after going through the grass and over a few signs and lights I got off the ground :lol:

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

cessna lover wrote:would real environment extreme and ground service extreme work with it? I would also have to buy those again plus all my A2A stuff for the steam edition though wouldn't I? that's well over 600+ bucks though guys :oops:
Both of those will work. In general, any add-on that works with FSX boxed will work with FSX Steam - it's the same program, but with some performance tuning.

There can be some installation issues if you have both FSX boxed and Steam on your system at the same time. If you have only the Steam edition, you should be good.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Alan_A wrote:
cessna lover wrote:would real environment extreme and ground service extreme work with it? I would also have to buy those again plus all my A2A stuff for the steam edition though wouldn't I? that's well over 600+ bucks though guys :oops:
Both of those will work. In general, any add-on that works with FSX boxed will work with FSX Steam - it's the same program, but with some performance tuning.

There can be some installation issues if you have both FSX boxed and Steam on your system at the same time. If you have only the Steam edition, you should be good.
ok thanks

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”