The secret airplane in development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: The secret airplane in development

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote: 07 May 2019, 15:22 I hate to spoil all the fun but a few of these "secret planes in development" will be revealed this weekend
Oh, no! I was hoping it would remain a secret forever! One hopes for another indefinite crash of the A2A forum to avoid hearing about these news.

:P :P :P :P :P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Did he say a few?!
Greets, Marius

gpf
Airman First Class

Post by gpf »

Looking forward to the weekend,

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Flieger-Marius wrote: 07 May 2019, 17:20 Did he say a few?!
Yes he did :shock: :shock:

I’m really looking forward to that update.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Piper_EEWL wrote: 07 May 2019, 23:26 I’m really looking forward to that update.
Me too!

Btw, keep an eye on your emails today :wink:
Greets, Marius

vanislepilot
Airman Basic

Post by vanislepilot »

Scott - A2A wrote: 07 May 2019, 15:22 I hate to spoil all the fun but a few of these "secret planes in development" will be revealed this weekend
T6A Texan II 8)

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

vanislepilot wrote: 09 May 2019, 11:50
T6A Texan II 8)
How did you know this? :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

It’s in the development update. Also, B-17, Cub, T-38, and others though wasn’t definite we’ll see them all.

But very cool! I’d love the Texan II but if I have to settle for the B-17 and Cub, I’ll still be quite happy.
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

AerialShorts wrote: 10 May 2019, 08:38 It’s in the development update. Also, B-17, Cub, T-38, and others though wasn’t definite we’ll see them all.

But very cool! I’d love the Texan II but if I have to settle for the B-17 and Cub, I’ll still be quite happy.

Yeah, I know that, but he posted that comment yesterday - before Scotts update. I'm just curious if he knew it or if he just guessed. ;)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

vanislepilot
Airman Basic

Post by vanislepilot »

Medtner wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 10:02
- "Set power and trim for 90 knots" - at 18k. this could be a trainer. T-33?
Your observation instantly triggered my memory to a few years back... I have about 170 hours in the real Tex II. Such a fun plane to fly! Really looking forward to A2A doing the turboprop modelling justice. :)

Tip: she's a beauty to fly, just don't stay in zero G for too long because... CHIP light! :shock:

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Cool! I’m sure the AccuSim Texan II will be so much fun. Just being able to learn about turboprops, about which I have exactly zero knowledge, will be worth it.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Medtner wrote: 10 May 2019, 12:07 Cool! I’m sure the AccuSim Texan II will be so much fun. Just being able to learn about turboprops, about which I have exactly zero knowledge, will be worth it.
Here you go for starters. :) [LINK - PDF] While this is for 'small series', it applies well as a basic introduction into PT6A. Note, that the engine control system and its principles are immensely complicated compared to anything you readily meet in the piston world. Outside something like modern Ford Mondeo, of course. ;)

-Esa

vanislepilot
Airman Basic

Post by vanislepilot »

Medtner wrote: 10 May 2019, 12:07 Cool! I’m sure the AccuSim Texan II will be so much fun. Just being able to learn about turboprops, about which I have exactly zero knowledge, will be worth it.
With the power management unit (PMU), throttle forward is go and backward is slow, it's as easy as that, as it takes care of the engine for you, even during startup. It'll be cool to deal with PMU failures though... hopefully haha.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

An observation, if I may... there is Something they're not telling us. If Captain Jake is doing his job right, there is no way he will let the old man :P let us loose in an Aerostar without time on a light twin. We need multi-ratings first. :idea:
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Mickel wrote: 11 May 2019, 07:08 An observation, if I may... there is Something they're not telling us. If Captain Jake is doing his job right, there is no way he will let the old man :P let us loose in an Aerostar without time on a light twin. We need multi-ratings first. :idea:
And, furthermore, he will be an added potential researcher to speed things up. I'm sure he can glean all kinds of data on the differences between the Comanche 250 and the Comanche 400, for example. And A2A needs to model that one! And we need a twin, preferably two - a trainer and a monster like the Aerostar. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”