The secret airplane in development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: The secret airplane in development

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
My guesses for possible mystery aircraft.
1/. AC980
2/. DA42
4/. C337
regards alan. 8)

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

What can get to 18,000 in four minutes and won't stall at 90 kts and has either a turbo prop or jet engine? That's pretty impressive no matter what it is. Also, they are wearing oxygen masks so it's not pressurized.
Last edited by bullfox on 09 Apr 2018, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

plicpriest1
Airman

Post by plicpriest1 »

So here are a few thoughts...

1. Remember that as an aircraft ascends to higher altitudes, the engines (yes even gas turbines) loose performance. You will see a major decrease in indicated airspeed. But true airspeed increases quite significantly. So as long as this aircraft has a fairly straight wing, I see no reason it cannot be a jet engined aircraft. Basically meaning 90 is a real speed.

2. The timer may be time of useful conciseness. At 18- mid 20s, 5 minutes is realistic. Above that it can drop to 5 seconds or less.

Thought?

metaldesk44
Airman

Post by metaldesk44 »

I don’t know about you guys but I’m thinking it’s a Huey helicopter. Just really mix thing up.

Image Image

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

bullfox wrote:What can get to 18,000 in four minutes and won't stall at 90 kts and has either a turbo prop or jet engine?
I'm thinking the timestamp of 4 minutes is a red herring, either intentional or not. It could be the start of a recording turned on during the flight. If A2A would need to record a whole flight, I doubt they'd start during the take off roll, but rather much earlier (engine start ish).
It could also be that these are sound recordings spliced together from different parts of the flight, but that the censored image is from a random spot.
This leads me to tentatively err on the side of this not neccesarily being an airplane for which 90 knots at 18k is normal (even for stall or slow flight).

This feels like forensics. Anybody able to glean any more info from those precious seconds? It feels almost like the Zapruder-film.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

metaldesk44 wrote:I don’t know about you guys but I’m thinking it’s a Huey helicopter. Just really mix thing up.
Here's to thinking outside the parcel. 8)

Could it be a super-duper-Cub? :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

metaldesk44
Airman

Post by metaldesk44 »

Medtner wrote:
bullfox wrote:What can get to 18,000 in four minutes and won't stall at 90 kts and has either a turbo prop or jet engine?
I'm thinking the timestamp of 4 minutes is a red herring, either intentional or not. It could be the start of a recording turned on during the flight. If A2A would need to record a whole flight, I doubt they'd start during the take off roll, but rather much earlier (engine start ish).
It could also be that these are sound recordings spliced together from different parts of the flight, but that the censored image is from a random spot.
This leads me to tentatively err on the side of this not neccesarily being an airplane for which 90 knots at 18k is normal (even for stall or slow flight).

This feels like forensics. Anybody able to glean any more info from those precious seconds? It feels almost like the Zapruder-film.
I feel like the conversation is all taking place at once. The breathing seems to flow with the convo and the trainer responds to the call out by the pilot. Now, the fact that they say “I have the aircraft” “you have the aircraft” does that mean they are seated one in front of the other? That would seem to suggest some sort of military aircraft right? He does also mention set power and trim for 90kts, so probably not near a stall speed then?

Image Image

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

metaldesk44 wrote:
Medtner wrote:

I feel like the conversation is all taking place at once. The breathing seems to flow with the convo and the trainer responds to the call out by the pilot. Now, the fact that they say “I have the aircraft” “you have the aircraft” does that mean they are seated one in front of the other? That would seem to suggest some sort of military aircraft right? He does also mention set power and trim for 90kts, so probably not near a stall speed then?
To me it also feels like it's an actual snippet from a change of control, but it could be cleverly mixed to make that impression. You know Scott, he is a master of productions like these.

I'd think that if -if- this is in fact a jet at 90kts 18k it would be a trainer configured for very slow flight, 5 knots or so above stall. This would make sense for research. A jet-trainer would make all kinds of sense before letting us have the big jets later. Crawl before walking before running.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Listen to this myth busters clip.. hear that sound inside the pressurized suit??

https://youtu.be/A0bwlQMch3s

Man if they bring the U2.....

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

metaldesk44
Airman

Post by metaldesk44 »

How fast are hot air balloons? :D

Image Image

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

I bet they're making the ME-262 for IL-2 Bodenplatte! :roll: :lol:
[email protected], 32gb RAM, EVGA GTX1080 w/8GB vram, Win10, RiftS, P3Dv5.1.1. . .

metaldesk44
Airman

Post by metaldesk44 »

Possibly taking the Beaver up to her max altitude? Is it to late to give up hope on getting that?

Image Image

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

msair wrote:Hi

I am missing a mention of the Piper Aerostar - or is this the secret project? 18000/90 also possible for the Aerostar.

Keep on waiting for a really good twin engined bird (non carabeo :wink: )

MS
I'm thinking the Areostar maybe... Or a Comanche 400. Scott said he owns one, but he did say that it was low priority so probably not. But maybe.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=63472
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Another clue, what client would insist on such secrecy?
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

bullfox wrote:Another clue, what client would insist on such secrecy?
Indeed, that's an important clue. Who indeed?
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”