The secret airplane in development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
caleb1
Senior Airman

Re: The secret airplane in development

Post by caleb1 »

Barfly wrote:My guess is a depressurization training event, in some kind of pressurized straight wing aircraft, civilian, possible one of the new, single engine light jets. Really too slow for any kind of military aircraft.
There is a good chance of that...
clarkejw wrote:A PC6, 9, or 21 would.
Yes, but I had a PC-12 or PC-24 in mind. ☺
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

kielsf4
Airman First Class

Post by kielsf4 »

Barfly wrote:My guess is a depressurization training event, in some kind of pressurized straight wing aircraft, civilian, possible one of the new, single engine light jets. Really too slow for any kind of military aircraft.
Very unlikely. The amount of work involved in developing the necessary avionics (e.g. Perspective Touch by Garmin) is way too high and previous statements show that avionics are not really a priority to them. I'm certain this project will not have a glass panel, possibly apart from third party GPS units.

Barfly
Airman Basic

Post by Barfly »

Good point... I'll go with pressurized light twin, or pressurized turboprop single then....

RichardFS
Airman First Class

Post by RichardFS »

Come on guys, a U2? Be real. I honestly don't care about the secret project now that I know it won't be a COTS. The Bonanza will be exciting and may even be my first GA purchase, but in my personal opinion A2A is overdue for another piston-liner.

Carlos2297
Airman

Post by Carlos2297 »

RichardFS wrote:Come on guys, a U2? Be real. I honestly don't care about the secret project now that I know it won't be a COTS. The Bonanza will be exciting and may even be my first GA purchase, but in my personal opinion A2A is overdue for another piston-liner.
Wasn't their last release a piston-liner?
Accu-Sim aircraft: C172 Trainer, C182 Skylane, Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250 , T-6 "Texan", Bonanza.

Ryzen 5800x, 32gb 3200mhz ram, rtx3080, W11

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Post by mattgn »

RichardFS wrote:Come on guys, a U2? Be real.
Not sure if serious.
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese"
- G.K. Chesterton.

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
AKar wrote: I was actually expecting a turbo-normalized engine option for Bonanza since the type was effectively confirmed - or at least when a single-engine release before the eventual twin effectively was. It appears that it won't be the case, but we will carry on with tried and tested natural aspirated engine simulation. I don't mind at all another great single, but if speaking in terms of differentiating the products, that would have been an obvious way to study deeper into the piston engine tech before going into the twin world.
Is it already confirmed that there won’t be a turbo-normalized engine option for the Bonanza? If so I must have missed it. What will the three engine options be then if one of them won’t be turbo normalized?

Happy flying
The test Bonanza (in the development video) appears to be a 1961 N35, which came stock with the Continental IO-470. I'm guessing the other two options will be the IO-520 and the IO-550.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

ClipperLuna wrote: The test Bonanza (in the development video) appears to be a 1961 N35, which came stock with the Continental IO-470. I'm guessing the other two options will be the IO-520 and the IO-550.
Are you sure it’s a N35? The N35 seems to have the window on the pilot side framed like this

https://goo.gl/images/EddAA9

The model shown in the development video doesn’t have that frame. So for me it looks more like we’re getting a S35 or a V35 but I’m not sure. I was trying to find the reggrom the development video but I was unable to so.

Happy flying

PS: I checked again and N40G which is shown in the video as the A2A modell appears to be a 1972 V35 according to “airport-data.com”. So we’ll have to see j guess...
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
ClipperLuna wrote: The test Bonanza (in the development video) appears to be a 1961 N35, which came stock with the Continental IO-470. I'm guessing the other two options will be the IO-520 and the IO-550.
Are you sure it’s a N35? The N35 seems to have the window on the pilot side framed like this

https://goo.gl/images/EddAA9

The model shown in the development video doesn’t have that frame. So for me it looks more like we’re getting a S35 or a V35 but I’m not sure. I was trying to find the reggrom the development video but I was unable to so.

Happy flying

PS: I checked again and N40G which is shown in the video as the A2A modell appears to be a 1972 V35 according to “airport-data.com”. So we’ll have to see j guess...
The plane they have dash shots of in the video at about 1:47 and again at 2:36 is an N35 (registry.faa.gov). Then again, as you say N40G is a V35. Maybe that's the variant Scott is sitting in @ 3:00 where he's talking about the yoke? The mystery continues,

EDIT: I gather the N35 and P35 had the "teardrop" shaped rear windows, while the one in the development video has the more squared-off ones of the S35 and V35. So it's probably an S35 or V35. But the Bonanza came stock with the IO-520 starting with the S35. So two of our engines are probably the IO-520 and the IO-550. What could the third possibly be?

RichardFS
Airman First Class

Post by RichardFS »

mattgn wrote:
Not sure if serious.
A2A's specialty is GA and pistons. Why would they suddenly jump to a high altitude jet powered military aircraft?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

ClipperLuna wrote: The plane they have dash shots of in the video at about 1:47 and again at 2:36 is an N35 (registry.faa.gov). Then again, as you say N40G is a V35. Maybe that's the variant Scott is sitting in @ 3:00 where he's talking about the yoke? The mystery continues,

EDIT: I gather the N35 and P35 had the "teardrop" shaped rear windows, while the one in the development video has the more squared-off ones of the S35 and V35. So it's probably an S35 or V35. But the Bonanza came stock with the IO-520 starting with the S35. So two of our engines are probably the IO-520 and the IO-550. What could the third possibly be?
Yes you're right. I wached the video again and the plane in testing seems to be N544T which is a N35. Mhh that's interesting. Maybe those where the two planes most accessible. And yes the third window definetly looks like a S35 or V35.

Maybe the third engine is still the turbo-normalized version. Even though Scott has said that there won't be a turbocharged one. Im not sure though. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
ClipperLuna wrote:The plane they have dash shots of in the video at about 1:47 and again at 2:36 is an N35 (registry.faa.gov). Then again, as you say N40G is a V35. Maybe that's the variant Scott is sitting in @ 3:00 where he's talking about the yoke? The mystery continues,

Yes you're right. I wached the video again and the plane in testing seems to be N544T which is a N35. Mhh that's interesting. Maybe those where the two planes most accessible.

Maybe the third engine is still the turbo-normalized version. Even though Scott has said that there won't be a turbocharged one. Im not sure though. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Happy flying
Yep, interesting indeed, it appears that at least two airplanes were used for testing. Perhaps to record the figures for at least two of the engines that are included if no STC configuration was available. Those would be IO-470 and IO-520. And I think Scott confirmed the IO-550 as well, so that would be our hand of cards. (I'd need to check through the available conversions, though, before "committing"!)
RichardFS wrote:
mattgn wrote:
Not sure if serious.
A2A's specialty is GA and pistons. Why would they suddenly jump to a high altitude jet powered military aircraft?
Perhaps you didn't quite follow that U-2 was subtly humorous suggestion to play with the jet idea. ;) But it fits the "data" we think we have..... or that we make up from bits. :mrgreen:

-Esa

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

AKar wrote:But it fits the "data" we think we have..... or that we make up from bits.
As does the, er, Supermarine Walrus Esa. No, it really does... One that's going flat out anyway. :lol:

Nick

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Nick - A2A wrote:
AKar wrote:But it fits the "data" we think we have..... or that we make up from bits.
As does the, er, Supermarine Walrus Esa. No, it really does... One that's going flat out anyway. :lol:

Nick
Surely, but it doesn't play with the jet idea. :D Interesting name choice for an airplane anyway! :)

-Esa

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

AKar wrote:
Nick - A2A wrote:

Nick
Surely, but it doesn't play with the jet idea. :D Interesting name choice for an airplane anyway! :)

-Esa
Supermarine Walrus?

Would that be of the same origin as the Supermarine Sperm Whale, from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy"?
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”