DST in P3D

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

DST in P3D

Post by crippy »

Hi, Fairly annoying issue for me. I am in Central time United States. -5 Zulu. So at 8ish AM I am at 13:--Z while in the sim, if I use 8AM/System time it sets the time to 14:--Z. Kind of annoying especially to see the sun when it hasn't risen yet. Also last night the sun had already set when I loaded in the sim. Sure I could set it back an hour each time, but then the aircraft clock is 1 hour behind, and I believe Active sky doesn't like that either but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any thoughts?

EDIT: looks like London jumps forward on March 25th. In Theory this should solve my problems? If I am sitting at 8AM/13Z and the sim is reading 14Z, when London jumps forward 8AM would become 14Z as it should be? Meaning the sky will be "darker" like it should be at the IRL 8AM?

If that is correct, boy if either the U.S. or U.K. ditch DST system then there would be issues with P3D even more, and I imagine real world too
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Re: DST in P3D

Post by crippy »

Hey, I have been pointed to an add-on and tested it myself. It works very well and currently is a very reasonable $9. It fixes global time zones and DST dependencies with local and UTC time. It isn't intrusive and is very easy to install, literally just like installing custom add-on scenery. Even comes with it's own installer.

I can recommend! It payed for itself with one flight (see screens below)
Link: https://simelite.com/timeZoneFixer.php

This has fixed my issue of being one hour ahead or more, with the UTC/Local/skybox dependency.

IRL Sunsets here around 7:30. I loaded up a "sunset" flight at 6:30 yesterday and it was pitch dark :\ Loaded up tonight at 6:30 and it was PERFECT! Exactly like outside my window!

Here are some screens :) {Uploaded compressed quality doesn't do it half justice. It looks AMAZING in the sim}

Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”